Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez is riding high after his brutal sixth round knockout victory over Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Marquez dedicated his first official victory over Pacquiao to his family and to Mexico. At 39-years-old, Marquez will have a big decision to make regarding his future in the sport. Marquez plans to discuss his options with his family. If his children ask him to retire, he will retire.

[Click Here To Read More]

jmm vs pac V in mexico...

Comment

I want him to go out being on top so badly... I really do.

Comment

Oh hell no. You're not about to screw Manny out of a rematch, after he done gave you 3 ****in chances to redeem yourself.

Manny bought you that new house we all saw on 24/7. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Comment

you have nothing else to prove champ! Truly a ATG!

Comment

He has nothing to prove against anyone at this point. He has clearly beat Pac two times in a row now.

No one else out there would raise his legacy besides maybe Mayweather, but he has no chance there.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              I want him to go out being on top so badly... I really do.
              i do too. this is the win he has wanted for so long, what else would there be to do? even if they rematched and marquez won again, it wouldn't have the same meaning/feeling as this one. 39 years old, future hof'er, it's been one hell of a career. he deserves to go out like a champ.

Comment

If Marquez is smart he walks away. The risk is all his in a 5th fight.

However, if he is fair, he takes it. Pacquiao gave him 3 rematches, arguably after winning the first 3 (but for a judging error in the 1st fight, that was a split decision for Pacman).

In the cold light of day, when he gets presented with a $20 million dollar purse plus PPV, I can't see him turning that down. He'll be on, at least, 50-50 in a rematch.

Comment

I agree that it's kind of a ***** move not to give Pac a second chance after Pac gave him all the chances in the world to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Oh hell no. You're not about to screw Manny out of a rematch, after he done gave you 3 ****in chances to redeem yourself.

Manny bought you that new house we all saw on 24/7. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
                    The 3 rematches were justified..the first fight ended in a draw and the 2nd fight was so close a KD decided the winner..and the 3rd fight many many people felt Marquez won and the decision went to Pacquiao..

This was as decisive as it gets..Marquez sealed this book with that brutal KO..

Marquez should hang them up and call it one as well..going out on top unlike many..he's a legend, HOFer and ATG!..

Comment

Working...
                    X