Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Lucian Bute's Next opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be Lucian Bute's Next opponent?

Following the beatdown Lucian Bute received at the hands of #2 Super-6 Super-middleweight Carl Froch, I believe it was apprant to all that Bute is just not at the level of the Super-6 contenders.
    Had Bute been a Super-6 contestent, I seriously doubt if he would have made it past round 1, losing to either Taylor orAbraham.

Now that we see where Bute actually is, skill wise, I think it would be a terrible idea if he challedged Froch again in a rematch. No matter where the rematch is held, England, Canada, or Romania, the outcome will be the same. Bute is just 1-2 levels under Froch.

What Bute's team needs to do is to start from scratch and start doing what they should have benn doing 3 years ago and put Bute in with stiff tier2 conpetition.
    On his comeback, if I were Bute's management, I'd have Bute fight fighters like Pavlik, Taylor, Stiegler, or a fighter of this class.

At all times, I would keep Bute aways fro the elites like Froch, Ward, and Kessler.

He needs a quick tune-up fight first and foremost. He shouldnt jump in with an elite 168 lb fighter after the beatdown he just took

Comment

I like Pavlik-Bute. Both have something to prove, both have names stateside. Of course, it'll never get made.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
        I like Pavlik-Bute. Both have something to prove, both have names stateside. Of course, it'll never get made.
        I like Pavlik-Bute too. I also think Bute-Dirrell would be very intresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Kev View Post
          I think right now that Dirrell would be too much slick for Bute. I see Dirrell doing a paint job on Bute with Bute never in the fight.
          He should keep it simple facing non-slick euro fighters, or punchers like Kelly.

Comment

pavlik-bute would be awesome. that will never get made though...

Comment

I'd be interested to see him in with one of the Dirrell brothers.

Comment

He needs to get back in with Froch. He needs to show the world he can do it, or else he'll never get credit for being tough, and if the rematch never happens it will be tarnishing to any legacy he could potentially have.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Kev View Post
                  Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                  He needs to get back in with Froch. He needs to show the world he can do it, or else he'll never get credit for being tough, and if the rematch never happens it will be tarnishing to any legacy he could potentially have.
                  A rematch with Froch at this stage of his career, could very well mean the end of his career.
                  A rematch with Froch is pointless. There is no way that he can beat him, so it's a watsed exercise.

Comment

Bute will fight Froch, not only will he beat him, Bute will destroy Froch in the rematch. Froch is defenetly going down this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X