Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Vitali Klitschko be an ATG heavyweight if he couldn't beat an old Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Vitali Klitschko be an ATG heavyweight if he couldn't beat an old Lewis?

Vitali couldn't even beat an old, past prime, and out of shape Lewis, yet he's supposed to be an ATG heavyweight? How many hall of famers has Vitali beaten? Wladimir has never even faced anybody half as good as an out of shape past prime Lewis. The Klit brothers are good but I have seen nothing that says they're elite.

He isn't one.

His brother however, is. IMO.

Comment

Guys like Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Holyfield, etc. proved themselves against other elite heavyweights, neither Klitschko brother has done that.

Comment

Wlad isn't as great as any of those names you mentioned. Or even close, IMO.

But, He has consistently fought top competition for a number of years now and has bounced back from bad losses to dominate. Racking up alot of title defenses, one of the most in the history of the HW division.

I'm not contemplating he is one of the best. Personally, I don't have him in the Top 15.

If he were to beat Haye, and continue to be dominant as he has been up to and after his Lineage then he might possibly one day be close to #15, maybe.

But, his dominance and reign is enough for him to be classed as an ATG HW in my personal opinion. Regardless to his lack of HOF names.

Comment

It was damn close that he did.. Rematch would of been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
            It was damn close that he did.. Rematch would of been great.
            A focused in shape Lewis beats him worse imo.

Comment

The Lennox Lewis Vitali fought had a GREY BEARD lol

Not only that, Lennox had also been out the ring for a year and he didnt even train for Vitali, he was out of shape, unconditioned and OLD...so how did a young man like Vitali struggle? because Vitali is overrated

He could not beat a slow old Lennox Lewis, he'd have had no chance if Lewis was younger.

Lewis had love handles when he fought Vitali

Vitali to this day has never had a tougher fight than that and it ges to show how good Lennox really was even when he was at 40%
              Last edited by FrankieBruno; 04-21-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
                Vitali couldn't even beat an old, past prime, and out of shape Lewis, yet he's supposed to be an ATG heavyweight? How many hall of famers has Vitali beaten? Wladimir has never even faced anybody half as good as an out of shape past prime Lewis. The Klit brothers are good but I have seen nothing that says they're elite.
                he was up on all score cards against lewis and only lost because lewis carefully landed hard enough precision power shots to open up a horrendous cut on vitalis face, in round 2 lewis was rocked and clinched like anything but still prevailed....vitali may not be a ATG but winning the Heavyweight championship of the world 3 times is not easy and bums or tomato cans as they say cannot achieve that either

Comment

Well to be fair the Lewis fight was controversial and Lewis refused to give him a rematch. He must of been drinking some of that Gayweather juice. But you already know all that.

Comment

A focused in shape Lewis beats him worse imo.
                    If Lewis thought he had any chance of beating him in a rematch, he wouldn't have turned down a record payday.

Comment

Working...
                    X