Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sergio Martinez guilty of picking on fighters smaller than him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sergio Martinez guilty of picking on fighters smaller than him?

Now before the martinez brigade kick off, i am a fan or sergio. but the arguement that he should be fighting pacquiao is just ludicrous. Why is he looking down at a 147lber when he could look 8lbs north and take on someone larger in a another weight division? He cant expect Mayweather or Pacman to come up and meet him at 160, or even 154lb in Pacmans case. Why doesnt he wait for the semi finals of the super six to end and go for the losers? its two faced to complain pacquiao and mayweather wont fight him when theres 13lbs difference, but if he was to go up 13lbs himself and fight Dawson or Pascal at LHW or the very least go to SMW, he'd most likely get his arse handed to him on a plate. Its not like theres not much money in these fights, a Martinez v Bute or Martinez v Kessler even would be bankable exciting fights.

Martinez should be looking upwards, not down.

Discuss

Did I read the title correctly?

Are we talking the same Martinez that took on massive Paul Williams, bigger Kelly Pavlik, taller Dzinziruk, etc?

The career welter/JMW?

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post

Are we talking the same Martinez that took on massive Paul Williams, bigger Kelly Pavlik, taller Dzinziruk, etc?

The career welter/JMW?
      Errr check your facts mate, Williams has fought mostly at Welterweight.

And theres a difference between fighting someone of the same weight who has an advantage in height by a few inches, than say Pacquiao going up and giving up height, weight and power. Pavlik is slower, has worse technique and terrible footwork.

Get a grip son

Comment

The career welter/JMW?

Comment

The career welter/JMW?

Comment

MORON....

You kidding me? The problem with catchweight fights or fights were somebody jumps up in weight is that if the lighter guy wins HE'S THE ****IN MAN(see Tito against Joppy and Pac against whoever) yet if the big guy wins people go "Way to go fighting smaller guys you pussay" like what people do to Hopkins.

Comment

yep cause pavlik cintron sergiy and williams are midgets

Comment

I'd like to shed some new perspective on this topic:

The career welter/JMW?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
                  Errr check your facts mate, Williams has fought mostly at Welterweight.

And theres a difference between fighting someone of the same weight who has an advantage in height by a few inches, than say Pacquiao going up and giving up height, weight and power. Pavlik is slower, has worse technique and terrible footwork.

Get a grip son
                  martinez began at 147..williams began at 160..check your facts

Comment

Did I read the title correctly? Are we talking the same Martinez that took on massive Paul Williams, bigger Kelly Pavlik, taller Dzinziruk, etc? The career welter/JMW?

Comment

Working...
                    X