No announcement yet.

Buster Mathis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Mathis

Mathis only lost to the top fighters of his day, who in my opinion were head and shoulders above today's sorry crop of heavyweights. With his speed and size how do you think he would fare today?

he was a solid contender but i cant by any strecth see him being more than a solid contender in any era he fights in.i dont think he would stand a chance with either klit,or even a lesser tier like eddie chambers.like chris arreola he seems to have no discipline outside the ring.he was very skilled for a fatback though

Comment

do you think he beats the klits do jab?

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
        he was a solid contender but i cant by any strecth see him being more than a solid contender in any era he fights in.i dont think he would stand a chance with either klit,or even a lesser tier like eddie chambers.like chris arreola he seems to have no discipline outside the ring.he was very skilled for a fatback though
        Considering he came down from 300lbs would suggest otherwise. Arreola has constantly gained weight during his career.

His beating of Chuvalo is more impressive than anything Chambers accomplished thus far and he has a much better work rate than todays fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
          do you think he beats the klits do jab?
          Possibly, but I wouldn't bet on it. If he didn't beat them Im sure he'd give them loads of trouble unlike today sorry sack of heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
            i disagree... Buster Mathis was a huge guy and very skilled boxer as well as having exceptional footwork for a man his size unlike the Klitschko brothers who are both `Robotic`with feet that are nailed to the canvas, i would give Mathis a great shout of beating both brothers especially Vitali.. i see Mathis having the movement and skills to win a wide decision over Vitali who i feel would look amateurish against a guy like Mathis

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              i disagree... Buster Mathis was a huge guy and very skilled boxer as well as having exceptional footwork for a man his size unlike the Klitschko brothers who are both `Robotic`with feet that are nailed to the canvas, i would give Mathis a great shout of beating both brothers especially Vitali.. i see Mathis having the movement and skills to win a wide decision over Vitali who i feel would look amateurish against a guy like Mathis
              Nice post-co-sign

Comment

Working...
              X