No announcement yet.

Guerrero Deserves Shot At Floyd Over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerrero Deserves Shot At Floyd Over Canelo

Guerrero is not that big of a WW and beat a fairly big one in Andre Berto and also took down Aydin. Those are two legit WWs. This is impressive considering he jumped two weight classes after an extended break to fight these guys and prove himself. He has also shown a great chin in both of these fights. He has also won handily against guys like Katsidis, Escobedo, Litzau, and Casamayor.

Canelo, on the other hand, comes into his fights at about the same weight as Sergio Martinez and for the most part has fought old, blown-up WWs. His youth and size give him a great advantage. I realize he is only 22, but he has yet to fight a top 10 JMW and maybe not even one in the top 15. Ryan Rhodes may have been the only one who fell into of these categories.

How has he earned a fight with Floyd? Let him fight someone like Trout, Lara, Molina, Kirkland, or Martirosyan first. Angulo at this point may also be a step up.

I'm predicting an upset Guerrerro SD in 12 over Floyd but will win at least 8 rounds

Comment

I rather May fight at 147 than 154

Comment

You may be right but Canelos popular so that makes him a player. And when your the popular kid that always gets you a seat at the table. But I think you could market Guerrero. Hes mexican-american, speaks english, decent looking guy (no ****), and has a good story. But the question is do GBP and Mayweather want to spend the money and hold a full court press marketing campaign? We will know the answer when Mayweather makes his offical announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          You may be right but Canelos popular so that makes him a player. And when your the popular kid that always gets you a seat at the table. But I think you could market Guerrero. Hes mexican-american, speaks english, decent looking guy (no ****), and has a good story. But the question is do GBP and Mayweather want to spend the money and hold a full court press marketing campaign? We will know the answer when Mayweather makes his offical announcement.
          The other factor is that if Floyd is going to fight a guy that big then it should probably be Sergio given his status as one of the P4P best and his similar age.

I know he does not bring as much money as Alvarez does to the table, but he would likely bring more than Guerrero.

In any case, Guerrero is a legitimate challenger.

Comment

i have hated the idea of guerrero/mayweather since the day robert started calling him out...but you are right. he's done more to deserve it than canelo.

Comment

he does, but he doesn't have the recognition that Alvarez has
              Floyd's not gonna go for merit over money
              seems like Floyd-Alvarez has been in the works for a while
              Guerrero came outta nowhere to muscle into the WW rankings
              Floyd gets another WBC belt by beating Alvarez
              he won't mind giving up his WW title for that and the higher pay

Comment

Guerrero will get the fight now. Canelo comes later.

Comment

Guerrero does deserve the shot over Canelo. Canelo is just a popular guy. I like Canelo alot as a fighter and think he is one of the future stars of this sport but the Ghost earned it and Canelo hasnt IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                    Guerrero will get the fight now. Canelo comes later.
                    My ideal scenario would be Floyd-Guerrero in May then Floyd-Alvarez later in the year. Martinez-Murray in April then Martinez-Chavez II in September. Then both Martinez and Floyd could take another fight in early-to-mid 2014 and fight later in the year or just in the first half of 2014. It would be cool if it was the last fight for both.

Obviously a lot could change in both of their divisions and it is probably unlikely, but it would be cool if both can maintain a high level of performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X