No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Will Try To Secure IBF Shot For Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Will Try To Secure IBF Shot For Carl Frampton

Eddie Hearn expects Carl Frampton to box in an eliminator for the IBF super-bantamweight title when he returns to the ring.

'The Jackal' wowed his Belfast fans with a ninth-round stoppage victory over European champion Kiko Martinez at the weekend, but reportedly suffered a perforated ear drum in the process.

That could delay a potential comeback on May 11 but whenever it is Hearn expects Frampton will be ranked highly by the IBF, having taken Martinez's place in their list.

"We're going to go for a world title," he told livefight.com. "There are two guys fighting for the IBF title (Alejandro Romez fights Jonathan Romero this Saturday) and we will be making an offer to the winner. [Click Here To Read More]

Nice win at the weekend but I think they should wait a bit before putting him in with the best of the division. Quigg followed by an official eliminator followed by a title shot would probably be a better route than a straight title shot as he's still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Nice win at the weekend but I think they should wait a bit before putting him in with the best of the division. Quigg followed by an official eliminator followed by a title shot would probably be a better route than a straight title shot as he's still learning.
      I'm still in two minds as to whether I want to see a Quigg-Frampton bout sooner or later.

I suppose better too soon than not at all.

Comment

Frampton's pretty good, but not as good as some say, imo. Certainly not yet anyway. He's only 15-0. Give him time.

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
          Frampton's pretty good, but not as good as some say, imo. Certainly not yet anyway. He's only 15-0. Give him time.
          yeah i agree, during the martinez fight you could definitely tell he has lots to learn. still one of the best British prospects out there... Frampton Quigg would be great.

Comment

Let Quigg fight happen when both are champs. Quigg has edge at minute I think as bit more rounded.

Comment

Working...
            X