No announcement yet.

McCain pushes for federal boxing panel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain pushes for federal boxing panel

U.S. Sen. John McCain, introduced several new bills Tuesday as Congress starts its 2009 work.

1 of the bills was to establish a national board to regulate boxing in the U.S.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...106&id=9491286

Does "regulating" include no more PPVs like they did when the NFL tried to use NFL network only for the Pats-Giants non superbowl game (the one where the Pats one)?

Comment

Should I be rooting for this?
      ________
      YAMAHA P-250
      Last edited by FreshPrince; 03-28-2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

How should we feel about this....

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          U.S. Sen. John McCain, introduced several new bills Tuesday as Congress starts its 2009 work.

1 of the bills was to establish a national board to regulate boxing in the U.S.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...106&id=9491286
          ****er just wants free tickets to Hatton vs Pacquiao.

Comment

uhhhhh eeeeeee hmm. okay.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
              Should I be rooting for this?
              I dont think so. Why is the federal government interested in boxing, nonetheless sports in general? It should be more worried about taxes, health care, and international policy, leave the private industry and especially sports alone; it has nothing to do with the government, and it is a waste of taxpayer's money.

I seriously doubt that the founding fathers, or the american taxpayers invision paying money to regulate sports, leave it to the private sector. Also, boxing does not need a federal or general oversight board, that is what makes the sport so interesting and distinguishable from other sports. Boxing is a sport where one fighter makes a contract with another fighter, via their promoters, to fight. This keeps boxing raw, bringing about everything we love about boxing, but also everythign we hate unfortunately.

We do not want forced fights, let boxing sort out and fix itself, and this is done by money incentives. Boxing will get better by making better fights happen; fights the fans want to see. If those fights are not made, PPVs wont make any money. We do not want federal dickheads telling us how boxing should be, lets leave that to the fighters and their representatives.

With that said, boxing does have problems, you know with HBO not showing fights and are at war with Shotime. But really, if a fighter cannot get on HBO so what. They can fight on showtime or versus until HBO cannot resist. Leave our sport alone McCain, we don't want federal oversight, use our tax money on something more within genuine federal interests!

Comment

I hope McCain dies of a heart attack tomorrow, that dumb idiot, he lost the election now he wants to ruin my sport

Comment

Originally posted by DeymarPR View Post
                  I hope McCain dies of a heart attack tomorrow, that dumb idiot, he lost the election now he wants to ruin my sport

Maybe a slight over-reaction there!

I do not like McCain's overly left-wing policies and his love of bureaucracy, but he did go through all sorts of torture and leg breaks for many years in a concentration camp for the USA.

Comment

Yes he had gotten tortured, but it was HIS decison to go to the Armed Forces in a time of war, not anyone elses

Comment

Working...
                    X