Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ou rate Robin Reid as a World Class Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ou rate Robin Reid as a World Class Boxer?

I just found out that robin reid is going to be in the 2nd edition of prizefighter the super middleweights. A former WBC champ and winning 2 other lower par worldm titles he was a force back in the day. He fought calzaghe and lost a s/d, ottke and personally i think he won that fight and was robbed in germany. He was beaten by lacy at the end of his last run and also carl froch. But was he World Class and should he of faced benn, eubank, collins when he was at his peak in 96? Would he of won any of these match ups?

Robin Reid for me was a good European level fighter nothing more tho i agree he should have got the nod over Ottke AND Zags. Benn,Collins and Bank all beat him, Benn Possibly by stoppage but Reid was tough and had a good chin. Lacy was out of line and dirty against the faded version of him

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Robin Reid for me was a good European level fighter nothing more tho i agree he should have got the nod over Ottke AND Zags. Benn,Collins and Bank all beat him, Benn Possibly by stoppage but Reid was tough and had a good chin. Lacy was out of line and dirty against the faded version of him
      I'd class the likes of Mark Kaylor, Henry Wharton, Richie Woodhall and Nicky Piper as good level European fighters and i'd say Reid was better than all of them. But then i don't think he was as good as Herol Graham who i'd like to think of as world class. Fringe world class could be an appropriate term.

Reid on his night was a massive problem for anyone. Reid vs Calzaghe was a vastly underrated fight, with both men really squaring off on each other.
      I remember when he won the title (in Italy!) by stopping the peculiar Vincenzo Nardiello (the guy who kept falling over vs Benn lol).. And i also recall Hagler at ringside and saying a lot of good things about Reid after watching him become (yet another!) WBC super-middleweight champ.

I agree in total that he beat Sven Ottke, but they had one of those wakaday moustachio'd Belgian refs on the firm that night and i'm afraid Robin got raped in that monsterous metal echodrome Ottke called 'home.'
      I wouldn't mind seeing Reid vs Caz again, mainly so as i can score it, because it was razor close and on that showing he may have had enough for Eubank, Benn or Collins. But if i had to make a criticism about Reid it would be his inconsistency so i doubt i'd be brave enough to bet on him (depending on the odds of course!)

It'll be interesting to see him on the box again, and i wouldn't be at all suprised if he does alright. I doubt he'll have the speed to win it, but it's a sure chance he'll present a few problems for the opposition.

Comment

Working...
      X