No announcement yet.

Henry Armstrong vs. Julio Cesar Chavez at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Armstrong vs. Julio Cesar Chavez at 135

Who wins this savage infighting contest? As much as it offends my Mexican sensibilities, I have to pick Armstrong based on his higher workrate and severely underrated handspeed. Chavez would dish out some SERIOUS damage, though.
    Last edited by BigStereotype; 03-15-2011, 11:51 PM.

I havent seen a HUGE amount of Armstrong, but from what I have seen + his reputation, his work rate was incredible.

Chavez was weak NOT to boxers, but to volume punchers. he would stay too defensive and pick his shots too much.
    Armstrong would take a lot of damage in the process, but I can see him outworking Chavez at very close range with shoeshine type punches and winning by decision.

does footage of Armstrong vs Arizmendi exist?

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
      I havent seen a HUGE amount of Armstrong, but from what I have seen + his reputation, his work rate was incredible.

Chavez was weak NOT to boxers, but to volume punchers. he would stay too defensive and pick his shots too much.
      Armstrong would take a lot of damage in the process, but I can see him outworking Chavez at very close range with shoeshine type punches and winning by decision.

does footage of Armstrong vs Arizmendi exist?
      Someone uploaded highlights of one of their fights on wbva but the torrent doesn't have any seeders anymore.
      Last edited by Clegg; 03-16-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Someone uploaded highlights of one of their fights on wbva but the torrent doesn't have any seeders anymore.
        the 4th and 5th ones are on youtube, it turns out.

TheGreatA is a legend.

Comment

****cide by wide UD.

Comment

Chavez is an all-time great, Armstrong is an all-time God. There is a distinction. Armstrong would be better-tested against someone of the calibre of Duran. Chavez would make something of it, for sure, but he's outclassed here.

Comment

Working...
            X