No announcement yet.

ever try the shaolin horse stance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever try the shaolin horse stance?

shaolin monks do it for about 5 hours? i dunno but i think that's what the documentary guy said

anyway, i tried it awhile back and held it for 4 minutes before i nearly fell on my face
    this **** will have you pouring sweat in a minute and it's painful too
    they say because it creates micro fractures in turn it will strengthen the femur

ever try it? if not try it and see how long you can hold in
    it will greatly improve your balance

this guy explains it so you have the proper form
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-24-2010, 02:30 PM.

i like the Teacher/........... he seems cool

Comment

I like the cool relax vibe of the teacher and like the fact that he explains why you dont use the whore stance it in the ring or self-defense

That being said I think Im gonna train my whore stance, oops I mean horse stance

Comment

lol, yeah, I have tried it. Gives you a sound base/stance. So you can't be moved off your feet easily.

Hurts like hell. I don't believe it's 5 hours, they do train it alot though. But 5 hours is an exaggeration.

Comment

I like the cool relax vibe of the teacher and like the fact that he explains why you dont use the whore stance it in the ring or self-defense
          ^^same with jackie chan, i was watching shanghai noon recently and i thought wow i could listen to him talk **** about anything

Gung fo require alotta ssssances..letsbeginwidit.. the first one is called whhhhhorse stance why we call it whorse stance? takealook....

there is a tracking..there is a tracking..there is a tracking

Comment

I personally prefer the isometic squat hold. Less kung fu, more squat hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
              I personally prefer the isometic squat hold. Less kung fu, more squat hold.

that's bad for your back

Comment

Originally posted by Levesta View Post
                that's bad for your back

Good Thinking

Comment

That pose looks painful, especially to someone like me who has a bad left knee

Comment

Working...
                  X