Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you like Atlas as a commentator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like Atlas as a commentator?

Ive never really thought about Atlas commentary, or anyone being a commentator too much, but i feel like he is one of the best. sometimes he gets too hyped and pissed off but i think its entertaining. also what i like most is i learn the most boxing from him as far as technique and strategy. someone who definitely knows the sport unlike merchant or lampley etc

IMO he is one of the best. He loves this sport. His job is his passion...and if you ever get a chance to talk with him in person ...do so! I have and he is a great person and down to earth real human! As a commentator...he the best IMO!

Comment

I said this in a thread a few days ago. He's my favorite cause he commentates from a trainer point of few. He teaches/makes you realize a few things here and there. And of course, gotta love the way he talks **** to Arum or anyone else when he's pissed off. And god forbid the main event goes down how he explained it on the fight plan, he goes berserk! Just go watch the Sillakh fight vs Grachev. Oh **** and you can't forget his analogies!

Manny Steward is another guy I like... some times.
      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I really have never been able to stand him.

Comment

His in fight commentary is pretty good, he is generally ahead of the curve with what is happening while a lot of the announcers tend to call the fight basically a round or two behind without noticing little subtle changes.

He is usually pretty fair, although he does have his favorites especially if he calls something before hand. He is also pretty good at calling the fight game what it is and tries to shed light on subjects that need to get discussed so at least there is a possibility of them getting fixed.

His prediction on big fights are pretty whack though, but Teddy digs the underdogs~ and he usually does make a pretty good case even if it ends up being totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapp Mendoza
            Teddy's the man. Even when he goes off the deep end it's still entertaining.

"this fighter...needs to go in the refrigerator and look for the meat & potatoes...not the backdoor....or the garage....on the highway with no petroleum jelly...find a jab...where are my keys"

^^^ this. Teddy is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapp Mendoza
              Teddy's the man. Even when he goes off the deep end it's still entertaining.

"this fighter...needs to go in the refrigerator and look for the meat & potatoes...not the backdoor....or the garage....on the highway with no petroleum jelly...find a jab...where are my keys"

Comment

"Ogogo needs to talk to a real estate agent because his location is all wrong" how does he come upu with this

Comment

Teddy loves that real estate analogy~ it is pretty true though a guy needs to know where to make their bones and a guy that can keep the fight in the location they want has a huge advantage.

Comment

can't stand Atlas TBH

Comment

Working...
                    X