No announcement yet.

NATAL: price and technical problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] NATAL: price and technical problems

Certainly, if he had ears, the project Natal Microsoft could do more of tinnitus ... Because they whistle a lot! Between David Cage, criticizing earlier , and some feedback we recently picked ourselves from our own sources in the development studios, the "camera magic" would lead to serious problems in relation to the promise and initial tests .

We know now, developers are more likely to have received the development kits, and even under confidentiality agreements, some languages are loosened. Here are the latest such negative elements rather that we have received:

The latency between movements and their transcription into play would be too large (around 125 ms). A problem that is due to the need to correct the interpretation that makes the human body Natal.
    The detection of body would experience further problems: being too close to a sofa, for example, the system would detect a second human to not exist.
    The system would function properly in direct sunlight or in total darkness, but would have trouble in low light (not weak enough anyway to switch to infrared).
    It should prefer tight-fitting clothing (at least do not detect parasites joints recognized by the system)
    Natal detects movements of the arms (elbows, shoulders) and legs (knees), but not those of the hands or feet alone.
    The development documentation provided with the kits advise against certain types of games, especially shooters.
    There should be a minimum setback significant (about 3m for a person to 1.80) for the system works best.
    Finally, and perhaps the most crucial information in the lot, the developers have told us that the price provided in the pack NATAL trade was first established to $ 50 (about 38 euros, as we were saying at the time - given the normal pricing practices between the USA and Europe can be expected 50 euros here) but is about to be revised upwards (no exact details on the contents of the pack, which should nevertheless include at least one game "to Wii Sports").

Of course, all this remains to be confirmed officially, and we ourselves have the leisure to try again NATAL next week, and you trust our feelings in the wake ... Anyway, the buzz of origin, mainly associated with early testing and especially the promise conveyed by the concept, seems to lose its beautiful as time passes.

Always planned for this fall without a final name, Project NATAL should be officially named shortly before the opening of the E3 conference, during a special event scheduled Sunday, June 13, and which we will live Los Angeles. Hopefully all the problems relate some developers have been resolved and the final system will hold its seductive promises!
    http://translate.google.fr/translate...os&sl=fr&tl=en

Honestly i could not give any less of a **** about natal, and i own a 360.

They better not make that gimmick needed for most game.

Screw acting like a ****** in front on my tv, i want to chill on my couch when playing games.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post

Screw acting like a ****** in front on my tv, i want to chill on my couch when playing games.
      yeah, i have no interest in Natal OR the Sony Move either....

im more of a "hardcore" gamer as compared to a trendy/party gamer...

Comment

Yeah, I've no love for this stuff either.

It seems like Microsoft have seen the success of the Wii and want to get in on the action. The problem with that is 1) One reason the Wii did so well is because it was so cheap, that won't be the case here, I'd imagine 2) A lot of people who bought a Wii got bored of it after a few days, I don't think so many people are going to be as enthusiastic for this kind of gaming again, at least not anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post

Thats the most beautiful thing i've ever heard anyone say. . .

Comment

Working...
          X