No announcement yet.

Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

90% of PPV's are bought the day of the fight. The tracking for the fight was 100-150 K it might hit 200k but that would be where it tops out.

Both fighters had a higher guarantee than Spence/Garcia. Arum lost his shirt on that fight. That's why he was screaming boycott PBC & playing the race card after the fight. He needs Haymon to save him from a bad deal he signed.

People keep saying Crawford was stupid for resigning with Top Rank. Not me. That was the best decision he could've made. Arum was stupid resigning Crawford to that deal. Now he needs Haymon fighters to recoup his losses &.make good on the promises he made to ESPN .

Crawford's trainer/manager Bomac said Crawford would fight 3 times a year the next 3 years. I don't see that happening. Brook is a good fight but not PPV. Top Rank is losing money on Crawford's fights. A buyout may be imminent.

Wish we could see promoters trade fighters. Be cool to see TR trade Crawford to PBC for something like GRJ, Marcus Browne and Mario Barrios

Comment

Sad thing is Crawford is their biggest draw. They better hope Teofimo Lopez actually beats Lomachenko. He can surpass him.

Comment

If it did more than 100k I'd be surprised. Crawford doesn't give A f*** about promoting his fights.

In fairness to him it should be about the business, but being as quiet as he is definitely doesn't move units.

Comment

Cool man, hope that makes you feel better

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Wish we could see promoters trade fighters. Be cool to see TR trade Crawford to PBC for something like GRJ, Marcus Browne and Mario Barrios
            I could see it happening if Arum knew how to act.

Comment

200k for Crawford fight is massive it means the ESPN mega phone is a real thing

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                90% of PPV's are bought the day of the fight. The tracking for the fight was 100-150 K it might hit 200k but that would be where it tops out.

Both fighters had a higher guarantee than Spence/Garcia. Arum lost his shirt on that fight. That's why he was screaming boycott PBC & playing the race card after the fight. He needs Haymon to save him from a bad deal he signed.

People keep saying Crawford was stupid for resigning with Top Rank. Not me. That was the best decision he could've made. Arum was stupid resigning Crawford to that deal. Now he needs Haymon fighters to recoup his losses &.make good on the promises he made to ESPN .

Crawford's trainer/manager Bomac said Crawford would fight 3 times a year the next 3 years. I don't see that happening. Brook is a good fight but not PPV. Top Rank is losing money on Crawford's fights. A buyout may be imminent.
                lol how could he be panicking at the press conference when they had idea what it had sold yet lol.

Crawford was guaranteed 5.5 million. WBF IBF WBC already said a 100 times Spence was guaranteed 8 mil for mikey so you saying Crawford and khan was each l guaranteed more than mikey and garcia is a flat out lie.

I’m sure they lost money and probably expected it. When Crawford goes back to espn he will be back at 3.65 mil a fight which is in the budget so no buyout is needed. Tyson Fury is making more than that and not on ppv. U are underestimating the espn budget.

If you want to talk to about losing money on ppvs. Haymon didn’t make anything on Spence Mikey when he had 12 mil guaranteed in the main event alone and 13.5 in ppv revenues off 360k buys.

To make it worse Haymon lost a TON on Pacquiao Broner. That’s what happens when u guarantee Manny 20 mil and Broner 4 mil for an event that only does 400k buys. That fight lost more than Crawford-Khan. So are u saying Haymon is panicking and getting ready to buyout Manny hmmmmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                  Cool man, hope that makes you feel better
                  I've never understood men celebrating and arguing over other peoples money. Money they wont see a dime of.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    lol how could he be panicking at the press conference when they had idea what it had sold yet lol. L
                    He knows what the buys were tracking at that night. You get real time numbers the day of and you can gauge where it'll fall.

Comment

Working...
                    X