Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right for a champion to act like Calzaghe did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it right for a champion to act like Calzaghe did?

Smiling in a sick sadistic way as he pounds a former boxing great who is a shell of a his former self. I could maybe understand if Roy was a mean guy, but being that hes not...I don't see why someone with class would do that.

This is different than the clowing Roy does, first of all Roy does it in a light hearted way. Even against Tito, you could tell it was just for show and they were smiling about it. Secondly he hasn't done it against a fighter on the way down, while he was still elite...

To me it was classless. **** even Lampley said, alright Joe you've proved your point.

He did take it abit too far.. when he did the shimmy at the start it was funny though.

Comment

not right but roy has done his own antics in the ring so......

who cares?

roy lost , joe won.

doesn't matter.

everyone knows who the greater fighter between the two is , who the better skilled fighter is , which fighter has the better resume......

and it wasn't the guy who won tonight.

Comment

I'm a Roy fan, but loved every second of it.

Comment

Roy Jones has done this to all of his opponents, i see nothing wrong

Comment

At first it was funny but the more he did it the more tasteless I thought it became.

Especially when Roy's eye was completely swollen shut and bleeding all over his face and chest and Joe was just literally toying with him.

I guess the answer to your question depends on the viewer. Personally I thought it was a bit tasteless to act that way, especially when in the prior 4 weeks he's talked of nothing but his respect and admiration for Roy.

Comment

To be honest, it pissed me right off.

Roy's a kind-hearted, honest and loving guy who's only ever wanted to see chickens and dogs fighting each other to the death. He didn't deserve to be treated like that.

Nice guy Roy... y'all must've forgot!

Comment

Yes, Roy was a cocky son of a ***** during his prime, and that's why I never liked him.

But I can't recall a single time when Roy had a guy who was bleeding all over himself and couldn't see out of 1 eye, and proceeded to taunt him and dance infront of him.

Comment

i think joe feels a certain way about hopkins and jones due to the fact that they did not give him a fight earlier in their careers so he probably felt the need to try to embarass roy

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
                    Roy Jones has done this to all of his opponents, i see nothing wrong
                    Did he ever do it while he was an elite fighter against a faded ATG?

Calzaghe obviously has no respect for Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X