Kalib Starnes Explains.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalib Starnes Explains.

from fightline.com

Despite reports to the contrary, Kalib Starnes was not protesting his contract with his performance against Nate Quarry...he claims to have broken his foot on the first kick he threw.
    "Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight,” Starnes told The Fight Network. “My leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and he’s questioning my desire to fight? If that isn’t enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. I’m sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. That’s too bad. If that’s what they want, they’re paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in.”

Starnes also took exception to comments made by Dana White on Yahoo! Sports claiming that he released Starnes from his UFC contract. Starnes told The Fight Network that he requested his release the day after the fight.

“[UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva told me that it usually takes a couple of days for their legal department to complete the paperwork and that he would send me all of the paperwork to indicate that my contract has been dissolved. Later on in the afternoon, after I had spoken to Joe Silva, a story was released by some reporter from Yahoo! in which Dana White said that he had released me from my contract. I received no documentation on that, and it came after I asked to be released.

Starnes also had some parting words for his former boss, UFC president Dana White.

"In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally. All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldn’t be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract I’ve ever been under in my life.”

That's weird cause he still had his hands to fight with. Then he has the nerve to say he didn't want to be in the contract

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
      That's weird cause he still had his hands to fight with. Then he has the nerve to say he didn't want to be in the contract
      I believe him, this is Dana White we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
        I believe him, this is Dana White we're talking about.
        I understand but he stated that he wasn't going to get his head smashed in for $10,000. Doesn't that kind of seem like he knew he didn't want anything to do with Quarry. Who said he was going to get his head smashed in, he could've atleast gone out with something to show. I understand that fighters in the UFC deserve respect for what they do, but how are you going to expect no one to get mad when you backing up and not throwing any punches. How do you expect to win? Everyone was frustrated and if he didn't want to face Quarry he could've said something. His performance doesn't justify the fact that he says he was injured. I think he was injured because you could see him kinda limping in the ring as he was backing up but atleast he could've said something to his corner

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
          I understand but he stated that he wasn't going to get his head smashed in for $10,000. Doesn't that kind of seem like he knew he didn't want anything to do with Quarry. Who said he was going to get his head smashed in, he could've atleast gone out with something to show. I understand that fighters in the UFC deserve respect for what they do, but how are you going to expect no one to get mad when you backing up and not throwing any punches. How do you expect to win? Everyone was frustrated and if he didn't want to face Quarry he could've said something. His performance doesn't justify the fact that he says he was injured. I think he was injured because you could see him kinda limping in the ring as he was backing up but atleast he could've said something to his corner
          I wasn't defending his performance, I was just talking about the politics.

That said, fighting injured can lead to some ugly-looking performances.

Comment

Do you think they should've kept him?

Comment

I'm not saying they should've kept him, but what he's saying is that he resigned and that Dana White then made it appear as if the UFC had cut him. What probably happened is he saw the writing on the wall and knew he was gonna get dumped and so he asked to disolve his contract. Dana White is a ***** for his slander attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
                I'm not saying they should've kept him, but what he's saying is that he resigned and that Dana White then made it appear as if the UFC had cut him. What probably happened is he saw the writing on the wall and knew he was gonna get dumped and so he asked to disolve his contract. Dana White is a ***** for his slander attacks.
                I'm not arguing that, Dana can be that way. He doesn't know how to handle problem well and that can lead to many conflicts to arise. Look at Silvia, Couture and almost Ortiz but after his fight with Machida he is gone

Comment

I think that the main reason he doens't allow Silva to box against Jones is because Silva's gonna make way more in a boxing much not promoted by Dana. So how would Dana justify paying Silva 200 k in his next MMA fight.
                  I still can't believe that Josh Kosheck made 8 thousand against GSP. Anybody knows if he's still under contract with UFC?

At first I liked Dana but in the past year and a half he's been absolute scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    I think that the main reason he doens't allow Silva to box against Jones is because Silva's gonna make way more in a boxing much not promoted by Dana. So how would Dana justify paying Silva 200 k in his next MMA fight.
                    I still can't believe that Josh Kosheck made 8 thousand against GSP. Anybody knows if he's still under contract with UFC?

At first I liked Dana but in the past year and a half he's been absolute scumbag.
                    The UFC is gonna go under if it doesn't change, its simply a matter of time. They won't have any good fighters left.

Comment

Working...
                    X