Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Of Words Heats Up Between Rampage & Rapper The Game

By MATT BOONE
    MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer

Fresh off of his epic trash-talking battle with Rashad Evans, UFC light heavyweight contender Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has found himself in the midst of more verbal warfare with a very different, albeit capable (in his own way) opponent - hip-hop musician The Game.

The drama between the professional cage fighter and rap superstar stems from their competition over the role of B.A. Baracus in the "A-Team" movie that was released in theaters back in June.

The Game claims Rampage started the war-of-words in a recent radio interview, while in the interview itself (which can be heard here) Rampage claims The Game fired the first shot by trash-talking him in an interview following his loss to Rashad Evans at UFC 114, also inspired by sour feelings for losing out on the B.A. Baracus film role.

As you can hear in the aforementioned interview clip, Rampage held nothing back in letting the rap star know his feelings about him in general, as well as his acting ability as it pertains to the A-Team project. He even brought up Game's old appearance on the dating television show "Change Of Heart" (you can watch that infamous clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMhDYK7ajE

Oh yeah, he went there alright. And the same way fellow rapper/actor 50 Cent touched a nerve with the "Change Of Heart" move, Rampage touched on something as well. This is proven by the latest shot fired in the Rampage vs. Game saga, as The Game runs down Jackson in a recent message on his official Twitter page.

"Rampage Jackson is an Orange County "HOUSE WIFE". I'm from the streets champ, I mean chump !!! Lose lips sink ships....... #checkyaself," stated the current king of west coast hip-hop music. Game followed up by saying, "You a wrestler........ so go wrestle n!gga. Cuz if sumn happen to you out here, they lookin for me.. so keep it entertainment VALLEY N!GGA."

Tough words from a guy amazingly out of his league in this one. Unless Game plans on using gang tactics to resolve his "beef" with Rampage (for beating him out in a movie audition -- ya know, the same type of incident that starts the majority of the underworld violence in the U.S.) he's fighting a battle that he simply can't win.

The only way Game wins a trash-talking battle with the former UFC champion is if Rampage is forced to make all of his statements rhyme. Even then, Rampage is only a few small adjustments away from being the modern-day version of Muhammad Ali, so even that isn't a guarantee. If Game wants to fall back on the machismo side of hip-hop culture and say "screw talking, I'll just whoop your ass," we all know his chances in that scenario. Rampage does too. The Memphis native challenged the Compton resident to a battle of both worlds: Rampage said he would have a rhyme battle with Game if Game would step into a cage and spar with Rampage.

Obviously it would never happen, but in the always-evolving world of MMA, in a time where "freak-show fights" are a current topic with Randy Couture vs. James Toney on the books and former WWE wrestlers Batista and Bobby Lashley being talked about for a Strikeforce fight -- what's one more freak-show fight? The Bitter Baracus Battle. Run with it. How do those crazy kids say it on the MMA forums? "Dana - make it happen!"

Link:
    http://www.mmanews.com/news/88498/page/1

Rampage:

The Game:

The Game is full of himself. ****ing rappers trying to step up to fighters. I know it would never happen, but Rampage would slam the Game through the ****in mat, if he doesn't knock him out first.

He can't win in a fight or trash-taking contest. And the Game brags about being from the streets? What about Rampage? He grew up fighting on the streets of Memphis fighting with his barehands, not some ****ing pistol. I know the Game grew up in Compton, but he needs to go back to his new home in Beverly Hills and leave Rampage alone.

They might both be from the streets, the difference is Rampage still fights for a living, while the Game puts on makeup and tries to prove he's still hard through music videos. Oh, and he used to have butterfly tattoo on his face. :gay:

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      The Game is full of himself. ****ing rappers trying to step up to fighters. I know it would never happen, but Rampage would slam the Game through the ****in mat, if he doesn't knock him out first.

He can't win in a fight or trash-taking contest. And the Game brags about being from the streets? What about Rampage? He grew up fighting on the streets of Memphis fighting with his barehands, not some ****ing pistol. I know the Game grew up in Compton, but he needs to go back to his new home in Beverly Hills and leave Rampage alone.

They might both be from the streets, the difference is Rampage still fights for a living, while the Game puts on makeup and tries to prove he's still hard through music videos. Oh, and he used to have butterfly tattoo on his face. :gay:
      yea rampage is from the same streets i walk on..memphis tenn..he went to raighlegh egypt highschool...rampage is a street cat 4sho

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
        yea rampage is from the same streets i walk on..memphis tenn..he went to raighlegh egypt highschool...rampage is a street cat 4sho
        Don't **** with Page. He's a nice, funny dude, but he'll do a 180 turn when it's time to get down. He's one intimidating dude when it comes to fighting. Even Rashad looked scared before the fight, even he though won.

Comment

Rampage would fuck The Game up, Game just a whore for beef/attention.

Always talking **** to someone about something, needs to get Dre and Eazy E's nuts out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Disposable Arts View Post
            Rampage would fuck The Game up, Game just a whore for beef/attention.

Always talking **** to someone about something, needs to get Dre and Eazy E's nuts out of his mouth.

Comment

Don't **** with Page. He's a nice, funny dude, but he'll do a 180 turn when it's time to get down. He's one intimidating dude when it comes to fighting. Even Rashad looked scared before the fight, even he though won.
              I liked it when Rampage said "just wait and see" to Rashad.

And Rashad said "see what?"

And then Rampage said "just wait and see..."

And they did that like 15 times.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                I liked it when Rampage said "just wait and see" to Rashad.

And then Rampage said "just wait and see..."

And they did that like 15 times.
                Yeah, that was one of the best Ultimate Fighter Seasons ever.

Comment

Yeah, that was one of the best Ultimate Fighter Seasons ever.
                  + Kimbo and Roy Nelson!? Should've won an Emmy.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    + Kimbo and Roy Nelson!? Should've won an Emmy.
                    Yeah actually liked that fight. One of highest viewed fights in MMA history.

Comment

Working...
                    X