Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is any momentum Gamboa had absolutely gone at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is any momentum Gamboa had absolutely gone at this point?

I think it is, he has been totally forgotten and vanished due to promotional issues looking very bad after the Rios pull out.

He will be what 32, he should just take some kind of a huge risk and fight the Morales/Garcia winner or something because otherwise he isn't going anywhere without a massive statement and fast.

What do you think? He has so much talent what does he need to do to get ppl talking about him like they were a year and half ago?

TMT is taking over!

Just kidding....yeah, he definitely killed a lot of the momentum he had built up for himself. But he just has to start fighting again and performing spectacularly like he used to.

That will get him back in the limelight in no time.

Comment

Right now it's gone but he can get it back. Whoever the hell is promoting him needs to get him in a fuking fight already.

Comment

he did'nt help himself by staying quiet while everybody thought he was ducking rios...

love gamboa but he made the wrong decisions

Comment

Way gone. Should have taken that Rios fight at '35, then go awol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
            Right now it's gone but he can get it back. Whoever the hell is promoting him needs to get him in a fuking fight already.
            but not just against anyone, someone at least decent he isn't a 20 year old kid and can't be wasting time on tuneups he could end up like Guzman if he does.

Comment

People had really deluded themselves into believing that walking from the Rios fight and joining TMT was a great move. Gamboa would be in the running for Pac right now if he had fought Rios, I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                People had really deluded themselves into believing that walking from the Rios fight and joining TMT was a great move. Gamboa would be in the running for Pac right now if he had fought Rios, I guarantee it.
                That's actually a very good point.

Imagine Gamboa-Pacquaio!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  That's actually a very good point.

Imagine Gamboa-Pacquaio!
                  I can't think of any other reason Arum would want to make Gamboa-Rios. We know Pac doesn't have a problem stepping in the ring with lightweights. Gamboa would have beaten Rios IMO. From there he gets an easy fight at 135 or 140, and right now he's an option for Pac. Maybe late 2013.

Rios is going to get the fight Gamboa would have if he had beaten Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    I think it is, he has been totally forgotten and vanished due to promotional issues looking very bad after the Rios pull out.

He will be what 32, he should just take some kind of a huge risk and fight the Morales/Garcia winner or something because otherwise he isn't going anywhere without a massive statement and fast.

What do you think? He has so much talent what does he need to do to get ppl talking about him like they were a year and half ago?
                    I agree... gambo *****ed all over his career... he should've stuck it out with arum and fought rios...

Comment

Working...
                    X