No announcement yet.

Takada got Frostbite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takada got Frostbite

- And now for some ****ed up news that I read. This comes from KrisZ over at World Wide Wrestling. I consider him very reliable when reporting news, but with this, who the hell knows. Here it is anyway's:

"Nobuhiko Takada is suffering from frostbite on both elbows and his left knee, which he thinks that there was foul play involved on how he got it. Takada was training in preparation for his fight against Kiyoshi Tamura on the 11/24 PRIDE show at the Tokyo Dome, which was to be his retirement match and starting to feel burning sensations in his elbows & left knee. So, when one of his attendants prepared a ice bag for him, the temperature of the bag was way below normal and Takada suffered a 2nd degree stage out of 3 stages of frostbite. The doctors have told him to rest for a few days, but he will still be suffering pain for the next few weeks and Takada has decided to cancel his retirement match against Tamura, but has nominated a man to replace him in star student Kazushi Sakuraba who is trying to rebound from past losses to Mirko CroCop & Vanderlai Silva. Takada did say though that he will return next year and will have his retirement match maybe against the winner of Sakuraba/Tamura."

I'm REALLY skeptical on it. I figure it's a pro-wrestling angle, since PRIDE 23 is pretty much turning into a UWF-I show. I will keep searching for clarification on this. DSE has not announced anything close to this.

and the follow-up news

- Well, it was just confirmed from a Japanese news site that Nobuhiko Takada does indeed has frostbite on both elbows and his left knee. However, there was no mention of him canceling his fight with Tamura.

I wish Takada would just fight his retirement match already so we won't have to worry about ever seeing him fight again.

Comment

[quote:cd6cbb6acf="James Fulton"]I wish Takada would just fight his retirement match already so we won't have to worry about ever seeing him fight again.[/quote:cd6cbb6acf] HAHAHA!

i was thinking the same thing, James. However, he is your idol and all. :roll:

Comment

Rickson is God

Comment

yeah.. rickson by flying lowkick

Comment

OMG, how is it that the worst fighter in Pride history gets a "retirement" match and so much press about his "frostbite"? I know, don't tell me...he's a hero over there and "retirement" matches are the big thing. I'd like to see Inoki whip his ass in a legit match, take over the Takada dojo, and start calling it the Inoki dojo.

Comment

Inoki is another phonie. ANd one thing is that the link in your main page says Tamura but the guy that got Frostbite is Takada.

Comment

Takada sucks...just seen one of his matches but his wrestling moves sucked really hard...

Comment

Working...
                X