Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got hit in the ear, have hearing problems now. Happen to anyone else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got hit in the ear, have hearing problems now. Happen to anyone else?

Yesterday I was sparing with a few guys in my friends basement and we didnt wear any head gear...to make things short I got hit with a cheap shot flat on the ear from the side.

Now I dont have any pains and I can hear like 60% for that ear, it happend last night but Im not sure if it got any better by now. I think it did get better but not by much...I had a similar feeling coming from a very loud deep purple concert once but my hearing went back to normal in few hours...and its been around 19 hours since that fight. THe feeling is basicly the same as getting water in your ears...

So did anyone here have somehting similar happen to them? If so did it go away with time, did you need an operation or drug treatment?

THanks in advance...I never got hit in the ear that hard so I dont knbow what to think/

I would go see a doctor to make sure you don't have a ruptured eardrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
      I would go see a doctor to make sure you don't have a ruptured eardrum.
      I was thinking about it, but what does a ruptured eardrum mean? Does it mean Im screwed for life? Do I get an operation or is their a drug treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by sfdmalex
        Yesterday I was sparing with a few guys in my friends basement and we didnt wear any head gear...to make things short I got hit with a cheap shot flat on the ear from the side.

Now I dont have any pains and I can hear like 60% for that ear, it happend last night but Im not sure if it got any better by now. I think it did get better but not by much...I had a similar feeling coming from a very loud deep purple concert once but my hearing went back to normal in few hours...and its been around 19 hours since that fight. THe feeling is basicly the same as getting water in your ears...

So did anyone here have somehting similar happen to them? If so did it go away with time, did you need an operation or drug treatment?

THanks in advance...I never got hit in the ear that hard so I dont knbow what to think/

Ive only felt pain when beein hit in the ears nothing more, if it doesent get better you should see a doctor.

Comment

I was thinking about it, but what does a ruptured eardrum mean? Does it mean Im screwed for life? Do I get an operation or is their a drug treatment?
          a ruptured ear drum will heal over a couple of months, go to the doctor and make sure, if it is ruptured u might need anti biotics to stop infection...

Comment

Don't spar without headgear dude, thats just dumb.

Comment

if its just u n ur buds in a basement without headgear
              it aint really "sparring"
              more like fukin around
              k back to ur problem
              grab a pencil
              sharpen it
              jam the sharp end in ur ear
              if that doesnt help u get ur full hearing back
              then go to the doctor
              or repeat the pencil trick one final time

Comment

Your best seeing a doctor as soon as you can, its not a good idea seeking medical advice online.

Comment

Originally posted by abdiel2k3
                  if its just u n ur buds in a basement without headgear
                  it aint really "sparring"
                  more like fukin around
                  k back to ur problem
                  grab a pencil
                  sharpen it
                  jam the sharp end in ur ear
                  if that doesnt help u get ur full hearing back

then go to the doctor
                  or repeat the pencil trick one final time
                  WTF? i assume your joking again

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
                    Don't spar without headgear dude, thats just dumb.
                    yeah with no trainers there

in my gym we dont even spar unless there are 2 trainers present

stop boxing in your basement hitting hard
                    its a dangerous sport

thats why Tv always say dotn try this at home

if you are going to spar why are you guys hitting so hard

go to the doctor

Comment

Working...
                    X