Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Fellow Fighters Are Greater Than Bernard Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Fellow Fighters Are Greater Than Bernard Hopkins!

Jimmy McLarnin
    Michael Spinks
    Salvador Sanchez
    James J. Jeffries
    Terry McGovern

True story.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. As all ratings are when you compare any fighters from different eras. There is no true right or wrong because you are comparing them based on how they did fighting different opponents.

Comment

i would agree

Comment

Stop being a hater. And what the hell is James J. Jeffries doing in that list? Do you have no concept of p4p?

Comment

I really enjoy the men's mucle .It's always show the power and strengh.Just beat it.

Comment

greater in terms of what?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
              Jimmy McLarnin
              Michael Spinks
              Salvador Sanchez
              James J. Jeffries
              Terry McGovern

True story.
              Im not a huge Hopkins fan but I would rate him above both Jeffries and Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Im not a huge Hopkins fan but I would rate him above both Jeffries and Sanchez.
                Why? Jeffires beat the greater fighters and really should be unbeaten. His only lost is to Jack Johnson after a 6 year layoff, were got bullied to come out of retirement. Unlike Hopkins, Jeffries never got his title reign ended by a so so fighter in Jermain Taylor either and never got his title took off him.

Sanchez beat 3 Hall Of Famers, made 9 defences of his WBC Title and never lost the title. Again never got his title reign ended by a so so fighter in Jermain Taylor. And never lost his title.

Comment

I think his longevity puts him above all of them at this point. Maybe Spinks can be argued.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
                    Why? Jeffires beat the greater fighters and really should be unbeaten. His only lost is to Jack Johnson after a 6 year layoff, were got bullied to come out of retirement. Unlike Hopkins, Jeffries never got his title reign ended by a so so fighter in Jermain Taylor either and never got his title took off him.

Sanchez beat 3 Hall Of Famers, made 9 defences of his WBC Title and never lost the title. Again never got his title reign ended by a so so fighter in Jermain Taylor. And never lost his title.
                    You do realize Jeffries originally retired in his prime right? Bernard on the other hand was 40 when he lost to Taylor, who was far from "so so". Taylor was a damn good Middleweight. No one calls Ken Norton "so so" just because he couldn't deal with power punchers. Same **** with Jermain.

Furthermore Jeffries was actually a 220 lb HW in his prime. Prime great Heavyweights weren't that big until George Foreman came around.

Comment

Working...
                    X