No announcement yet.

Zarate-Pintor Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zarate-Pintor Scorecard

I don't want to really get into detail about the fight itself, in which i had Zarate win 9 rounds to 6 (plus a KD in the 4th), but can anybody explain the 145-133 scorecard in Zarate's favour?

Pintor winning was a suprise itself, but what was that score all about?

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
    I don't want to really get into detail about the fight itself, in which i had Zarate win 9 rounds to 6 (plus a KD in the 4th), but can anybody explain the 145-133 scorecard in Zarate's favour?

Can only remember this vaguely...
    Do recall the odd score, but am at a loss, as to why..
    Can only put it down to the worm in the Tequila..lol

Both Zarate & Pintor could really bang though...
    Pintor's a real gent.. Has made several trips of pilgramidge to the family of Johnny Owen (who died after challenging him) He gets my respect for sure....

Comment

I'm still puzzled to know how a frail looking Johnny Owen with his delicate skull sustained so much punishment throughout his career. Pintor was the first to knock him down in his career in the 9th round and then the catastrophe later hit.

It's great to know Owen's family do not hold Pintor at blame, and invited him to unveil a statue of Johnny in Wales.

Comment

Pintor is a very underrated fighter,
        have you guys ever seen pintor vs. gomez,
        one of the greatest fights i everseen,
        and it was on the undercard od hearns vs benitez

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
          Pintor is a very underrated fighter,
          have you guys ever seen pintor vs. gomez,
          one of the greatest fights i everseen,
          and it was on the undercard od hearns vs benitez
          Gomez/Pintor is one of my fave fights of all time. Both were bangers but Gomez was undestructable.

Comment

Gomez/Pintor is one of my fave fights of all time. Both were bangers but Gomez was undestructable.
            Until he met Salvador Sanchez that is...
            Pintor Gomez was the nuts though....

Comment

I'm still puzzled to know how a frail looking Johnny Owen with his delicate skull sustained so much punishment throughout his career. Pintor was the first to knock him down in his career in the 9th round and then the catastrophe later hit.

It's great to know Owen's family do not hold Pintor at blame, and invited him to unveil a statue of Johnny in Wales.
              Yeah.... He was a freak of nature alright... And one of the fundamental reasons title fights were reduced to 12 rounds.. He'd done pretty well in a losing performance until tragedy struck in the 14th.. Or was it the 13th? Doooooow!
              Not so long ago , someone posted a thread asking who the tallest/lightest AT boxer was.. I immediatelly quoted Owen (a 5'9" bantam) However, after doing some research, it turned out to be Willie Pep (the more recent Canadian FW contender) who was an incredible 6'1"...
              Pintor (bless him) is still good friends of the Owen family to this day....
              Last edited by mickey malone; 06-23-2009, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Zarate was completely robbed in that fight. He won at least 10 rounds and knocked Pintor down. Zarate was so upset he immediately retired

Comment

That brings the scorecards into play. In addition to all the other ... In a 1979 fight between Carlos Zarate and Lupe Pintor, Pintor won by one point on two ...url=http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application.aspx?appId=173764702012][/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X