No announcement yet.

Bobby Czyz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Czyz

What are your thoughts Bobby czyz in and outside the ring? heard back in the day him and tony ayala jr's spars were the stuff all out wars.

Czyz was a member of the U.S. Amateur Boxing Team that perished in a plane crash in Poland in 1980. An injury from an auto accident one week before the flight prevented Czyz from making the trip.
    Amateur record of 24-2.
    Shortly after suffering his first pro loss to Mustafa Hamsho, Czyz's father committed suicide.
    For nearly a decade, Czyz was a commentator for Showtime Championship Boxing.
    Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame inductee.
    New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame inductee.

bobby czyz is a very interesting fighter, his father was an alcoholic who used to beat up on bobby, taugh him how to take a punch. bobby czyz is also a member of mensa - the genius club.

Comment

Good fighter. I liked his Showtime commentary also.

Comment

Bobby also had a big dislike for Julio Cesar Chavez.

Comment

I dont know much about him, aside from him being way too small for the hw division. I actually saw his first pro fight at MW, he looked pretty good. He was incredibly biased towards Mike Tyson as a commentator, well, actually the entire cast of Showtime was. Overall, I got nothing against him.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
            Bobby also had a big dislike for Julio Cesar Chavez.
            i thought at one time he called JCC a bum with a padded record. LOLz

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I dont know much about him, aside from him being way too small for the hw division. I actually saw his first pro fight at MW, he looked pretty good. He was incredibly biased towards Mike Tyson as a commentator, well, actually the entire cast of Showtime was. Overall, I got nothing against him.
              Yeah they sure were up mike ass the showtime team, also this was talk of bobby fighting tommy hearns, think manny steward pulled the plug on it saying bobby was all wrong for tommy

Comment

Evander Holyfield beat the living **** out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                  Evander Holyfield beat the living **** out of him.
                  He was way past his prime when evander got to him

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
                    He was way past his prime when evander got to him
                    Czyz claimed that Holyfield had hot sauce on his gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X