No announcement yet.

Full transcript of Anthony Joshua talking to his corner between rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full transcript of Anthony Joshua talking to his corner between rounds

Watching live I thought it was interesting how much AJ talked to his corner, asking for advice on what to do. I've transcribed it as full and accurate as I can from the Sky broadcast:

After Round 1

McCracken: Don't drop down to his height, just box him

AJ: Yeah

McCracken: Use your height and reach. You can't get past the jab if you jab up and down and they walk into the right hand OK? Put your legs out, relax

AJ: What do you reckon I can do now?

McCracken: Bit busy with the jab up and down. Start shooting the head behind 1-2, behind 1-2, up on your toes, the odd 1-2 boom boom. Keep him long, keep him long. Don't look for the hooks yet

AJ: It's too early

McCracken: Keep him long, jab back, if you can shoot one there, if you have to feint... hit him with a jab and a 1-2, don't have your hands down, come on be busy, stop him walking in, straight 1-2

After Round 2

McCracken: OK OK when he comes in just follow it with a right hand...

AJ: Little bit more relaxed

McCracken: Yeah little more relaxed. Don't go flat just use your feet when you're in range. Don't go flat in range. Little bit busier, the jab's killing him and up and down with the right hand

AJ: He's just waiting for a hook

McCracken: Yeah but you're gonna keep waking him up with them left rights OK? Every now and then a hook off the jab OK?

AJ: In the centre

McCracken: Yeah and break him down with the reach. Chin down.

After Round 3

Can't hear unfortunately they show replays and Paulie is talking

Edit: Here's a little bit from the DAZN broadcast

McCracken: How you feel, are you OK? Put your legs out. Come on, listen to me! Listen to me! You've got to get back behind that jab, you've got to tie him up on the inside! Take a deep breath, come on listen! You can't load up, you've got to box and you've got to defend-

It cuts out there to show a replay of the knockdowns.

After Round 4

McCracken: Come on listen. All that happened was you hurt him and you rushed in and he caught you. Put your legs out. Do what you gotta do... Solid jab and the right hand, just moving, defending with your head movement and your hands alright? Keep the hands up when you're boxing. AJ's face. Don't come down

AJ: What shot was it?

McCracken: He caught you with a hook because you loaded up, alright? So let's just keep the hands up. Listen you're back in the game, jab jab right hand, calm, you'll break him down you can do this. If you stay busy for two rounds you can do this. Come on!

After Round 5

McCracken: Come on listen listen. All you've got to do is be a little bit busier

McCracken: All you've got to do, just sit down. All you've got to do is be a little bit busier. Box a little bit more. Bit more jabs and right hands OK, little bit busier, alright? You listening? Swallow, listen to me, listen to me, listen, listen you can win this fight, you've just got to be busier, you've got to hit him with the reach, you don't need to be looking for hooks

McCracken: Jab jab right hand, if you catch him don't look for power look to box, because you'll walk him into the shots, it's when you look for hooks he caught you.

AJ: OK

McCracken: Don't look for hooks

AJ: He got me with a hook?

McCracken: Yeah he caught you with a hook because you loaded up with your own hook. Jab jab right hand, listen we've got to win these rounds now mate, come on let's get into gear now. Come on let's get boxing again

AJ: What will he come out and do?

McCracken: He'll come out and try a stalk you and throw hooks

McCracken: He'll try and rush out

AJ: And put him on his back foot

McCracken: Hit him with the 1-2, box all straight stuff, come on hands up. Busier Josh

After Round 6

McCracken: All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s alright? Have a drink alright. All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s mate. And shoot the odd body shot down that's all you've got to do

AJ: Why am I feeling like this though?

McCracken: You've just got to time him, if you hit him you'll slow him right down. Deep breaths... Come on you can do this... jab jab right hand

AJ: Yeah. What shots will catch him?

McCracken: Left and right, left and right long, and then look for the hook round the side

AJ: What shot caught him though?

McCracken: The jab and the right hand. Come on uppercut and hook as well inside. When you block uppercut come on. Be busier though Josh

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...medium=ios_app

Credits to : u/huntergreeny

Ruiz was countering everything off of AJ's jab and constantly making sure to parry it, step back, or using head movement. There's a reason AJ wasn't throwing his jab out there willy nilly after a few rounds.

I think that's an example of a disconnect, when people say the fighter on the inside see's things the trainer can't from the outside. The Clinchko blueprint wasn't gonna work with the way AJ was winded and constantly getting caught in exchanges.

Comment

wew. fatso ruiz simply too fast for him ?
      what surprised me is his power, his hook staggered joshua and kinda break him mentally

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
        Watching live I thought it was interesting how much AJ talked to his corner, asking for advice on what to do. I've transcribed it as full and accurate as I can from the Sky broadcast:

After Round 1

McCracken: Use your height and reach. You can't get past the jab if you jab up and down and they walk into the right hand OK? Put your legs out, relax

McCracken: Bit busy with the jab up and down. Start shooting the head behind 1-2, behind 1-2, up on your toes, the odd 1-2 boom boom. Keep him long, keep him long. Don't look for the hooks yet

McCracken: Keep him long, jab back, if you can shoot one there, if you have to feint... hit him with a jab and a 1-2, don't have your hands down, come on be busy, stop him walking in, straight 1-2

After Round 2

McCracken: Yeah little more relaxed. Don't go flat just use your feet when you're in range. Don't go flat in range. Little bit busier, the jab's killing him and up and down with the right hand

McCracken: Yeah but you're gonna keep waking him up with them left rights OK? Every now and then a hook off the jab OK?

After Round 3

McCracken: How you feel, are you OK? Put your legs out. Come on, listen to me! Listen to me! You've got to get back behind that jab, you've got to tie him up on the inside! Take a deep breath, come on listen! You can't load up, you've got to box and you've got to defend-

After Round 4

McCracken: Come on listen. All that happened was you hurt him and you rushed in and he caught you. Put your legs out. Do what you gotta do... Solid jab and the right hand, just moving, defending with your head movement and your hands alright? Keep the hands up when you're boxing. AJ's face. Don't come down

McCracken: He caught you with a hook because you loaded up, alright? So let's just keep the hands up. Listen you're back in the game, jab jab right hand, calm, you'll break him down you can do this. If you stay busy for two rounds you can do this. Come on!

After Round 5

McCracken: Come on listen listen. All you've got to do is be a little bit busier

McCracken: All you've got to do, just sit down. All you've got to do is be a little bit busier. Box a little bit more. Bit more jabs and right hands OK, little bit busier, alright? You listening? Swallow, listen to me, listen to me, listen, listen you can win this fight, you've just got to be busier, you've got to hit him with the reach, you don't need to be looking for hooks

McCracken: Jab jab right hand, if you catch him don't look for power look to box, because you'll walk him into the shots, it's when you look for hooks he caught you.

McCracken: Yeah he caught you with a hook because you loaded up with your own hook. Jab jab right hand, listen we've got to win these rounds now mate, come on let's get into gear now. Come on let's get boxing again

McCracken: Hit him with the 1-2, box all straight stuff, come on hands up. Busier Josh

After Round 6

McCracken: All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s alright? Have a drink alright. All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s mate. And shoot the odd body shot down that's all you've got to do

McCracken: You've just got to time him, if you hit him you'll slow him right down. Deep breaths... Come on you can do this... jab jab right hand

McCracken: Left and right, left and right long, and then look for the hook round the side

McCracken: The jab and the right hand. Come on uppercut and hook as well inside. When you block uppercut come on. Be busier though Josh

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

This is what I’ve been saying. Everyone saying AJ needs a new trainer when he didn’t follow a single instruction

Comment

Sounds like the worst trainer. I'd have fired him between rounds. Same stupid advice over and over: right hand, 1-2. Who trains this guy? Excuse my ignorance.

Not blaming all on the trainer, tho, Joshua is a beta soft. This is not for him.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-03-2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

After Round 1

After Round 2

After Round 3

After Round 4

After Round 5

After Round 6

Green K for your time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Sounds like the worst trainer. I'd have fired him between rounds. Same stupid advice over and over: right hand, 1-2. Who trains this guy? Excuse my ignorance.
                You got a fighter that isn't following the instruction. Of course he's going to keep repeating it expecting Joshua to listen and do it

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  This is what I’ve been saying. Everyone saying AJ needs a new trainer when he didn’t follow a single instruction
                  He needs a new trainer because he's been regressing since the Klitschko fight, not just because of this loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    He needs a new trainer because he's been regressing since the Klitschko fight, not just because of this loss.
                    He’s been fighting scared since the Klitschko fight. If anything, he needs a sports psychologist.

Comment

Working...
                    X