Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to move out of my house and to another city!!! How to go about doing it???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Want to move out of my house and to another city!!! How to go about doing it???

Alright so basically I want to get the **** out of my house. I just recently graduated with my AA at a local community college. Problem is, I pretty much have no money... and I currently don't have a job. I've been applying everywhere for a job and I've only been called in for 2 interviews out of like 50 places I've applied. I want to move to another city about 3 hours from where I'm at now, but there's no way in hell I could apply for jobs over there if I don't even have a place to live there. Anyone ever been in this situation? What would be the most logical thing for me to do or is there anything I could do that could be risky at first but could end up working out in the end? Thanks homies

Save up some money, and head out hoping for the best.

I did that exact thing moving from Dallas to Sacramento. Just wanted to move somewhere, and chose Sacramento.

It was really tough for awhile but Im doing great now and consider it one of the best decisions I ever made.

You can do it easily if youre willing to sacrifice things along the way.

Comment

Moving out of state can be difficult without a plan. First off, don't move until you have the money. It sounds like you're in a good position where you can stay at home and save, so do it. Save as much as you can.

Secondly, as much as it sucks going back and forth you need to find work in that city(unless you have a ton of cash). Very few places are going to let you move in without proving you have work or can pay like 6 months in advance. I moved nearly 4 hours away from my home and I made numerous trips back and forth for jobs interviews, until I got one. Then I worried about a place to stay.

It's not easy, especially if no one is helping you out but it can be done. You have to make sure you have money though.

Comment

Oh yeah, try to kill all bills or as many as possible. If you save up and do move without a job you have to remember this is what you have and you don't know when you're getting more. I'd recommend not getting anything like cable tv, just internet to look for job positions. Still I'd save and move in a few years.

Comment

Not even internet. Free wifi isnt hard to find.

Comment

How old are you, and what city are you wanting to move to and from?

No matter what Im gonna say go for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by SHADYV1 View Post
              Alright so basically I want to get the **** out of my house. I just recently graduated with my AA at a local community college. Problem is, I pretty much have no money... and I currently don't have a job. I've been applying everywhere for a job and I've only been called in for 2 interviews out of like 50 places I've applied. I want to move to another city about 3 hours from where I'm at now, but there's no way in hell I could apply for jobs over there if I don't even have a place to live there. Anyone ever been in this situation? What would be the most logical thing for me to do or is there anything I could do that could be risky at first but could end up working out in the end? Thanks homies
              who are you living with now?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                Not even internet. Free wifi isnt hard to find.
                That works. When I first moved wifi wasn't as wide spread as it is now. Now it's easy as fuk to steal. Even an idiot can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                  How old are you, and what city are you wanting to move to and from?

No matter what Im gonna say go for it though.
                  I'm 22, and I live in a piece of **** city called Leesburg in Florida. I moved here from Miami a little over a year ago and the only thing I don't regret from living here is meeting my beautiful girlfriend. The main reason I want to leave is well when I first moved here I didn't like it, until I met my girlfriend who just recently went away for college, over in Ft.Myers. We've been together for 7 amazing months but she's 18 and pretty much was forced by her parents to go to college. She wanted to stay though. I have made a couple of buddies since I moved here but there nothing compared to my real friends that I've known for years down in Miami. I just know I'm not going to be happy here. I don't like this place and I don't care to even work here. I'm either going to go back down to Miami and live with one of my buddies and find a job or I want to move to Ft.Myers to be with my girlfriend. What would you do in this situation if you were me? You know, sometimes they say if you have to risk it all in the dark in order to see the light. So maybe this is something I have to do.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  who are you living with now?
                  My parents who I love very much but they just don't understand when I tell them that I'm not going to be happy living here anymore.

Comment

Hmmm, 7 months isnt a very long time, but could be 70 years if you take the chance and go for it.

I was about your age when I made my move, brought the lady with me though. If youre wanting to leave I say do it. If it doesnt work out, then bail to Miami after. Youre young, got plenty of time. The one thing I learned moving around is no matter what, Ill be alright. Just gotta be willing to keep your head up and get it done.

Comment

Working...
                    X