No announcement yet.

"My opinion on (insert recently relevant fight or fighter here)"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My opinion on (insert recently relevant fight or fighter here)"

I never really understood why so many of you feel the need to create these types of threads. I mean, it's not exactly like any of you guys are a published author, analyst, or even a noted intellectual known for their witty pontifications on the sport, is it?

Granted once upon a time NSB did have a (relatively small) pool of fairly interesting and intelligent users who were known to phrase such thoughts in elegant elocution (The Great A and Kayjay immediately spring to mind), but they never felt the need to create such asinine threads - They were content to just pen their thoughts in existing threads.

But something happened along the way during the social media boom that birthed the "my thoughts are important" movement where now every halfwit with a wifi connection thinks his or her opinion on any given topic deserves a thread of it's own.

It doesn't. It just makes you look like an even more colossal self-important douchebag.

That is all.

Lol point taken and agreed with even tho it's probably in the wrong place.

Comment

i think ill go make a thread right now

Comment

I don't expect many to read or reply to it, we are, afterall, in the same forum where a fighter's salary, PPV numbers, mainstream exposure, and personal lives matter more than their opposition. I just felt like it was something that needed to be said.

Comment

cliff notes plz

Comment

Seeing as you're a man who looks like he has just raided the thesaurus, I thought you would have some idea as to what a public forum is.
            Public - Adjective: Of or concerning the people as a whole. Noun: Ordinary people in general; the community.
            Forum - Noun: 1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. 2. An Internet message board

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              I never really understood why so many of you feel the need to create these types of threads. I mean, it's not exactly like any of you guys are a published author, analyst, or even a noted intellectual known for their witty pontifications on the sport, is it?

Granted once upon a time NSB did have a (relatively small) pool of fairly interesting and intelligent users who were known to phrase such thoughts in elegant elocution (The Great A and Kayjay immediately spring to mind), but they never felt the need to create such asinine threads - They were content to just pen their thoughts in existing threads.

But something happened along the way during the social media boom that birthed the "my thoughts are important" movement where now every halfwit with a wifi connection thinks his or her opinion on any given topic deserves a thread of it's own.

It doesn't. It just makes you look like an even more colossal self-important douchebag.

That is all.
              Thanks for making this thread to state your opinion on people making threads to state their opinions.

Comment

I've always wondered the same thing. Just post your damn opinion in one of the dozens of other threads about the fight or fighter. Not like there's any shortage. What makes some of these peoples' opinion so important that they are below just posting in a thread that already exists?

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                  Seeing as you're a man who looks like he has just raided the thesaurus, I thought you would have some idea as to what a public forum is.
                  Public - Adjective: Of or concerning the people as a whole. Noun: Ordinary people in general; the community.
                  Forum - Noun: 1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. 2. An Internet message board
                  I "look like I raided the thesaurus" why? Because I have a solid grasping of the English language?

Sorry, I forgot which audience I was speaking to here. Please, allow me to rephrase :

Yo, homiez, dis **** in NSB is ****in' cray all 'da time 'wit 'da "my fouts on 'dis" freads, youknowwhatimsayin'? Y'all need to cut 'dat **** out 'cause it's redundant n' ****, 'ya heard?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I've always wondered the same thing. Just post your damn opinion in one of the dozens of other threads about the fight or fighter. Not like there's any shortage. What makes some of these peoples' opinion so important that they are below just posting in a thread that already exists?
                    I mean, I partially understand the motivation behind it, I get it - This forum is huge, hundreds of threads are created daily, and if you want to have your threads responded to you need to do something to "stand out", for lack of a better term.

I just expect better content when I click such threads, because "My thoughts on ......." to ME implies a differing opinion of some sort. Yet I click it and 9 times out of 10 it's the same generic bull**** I read in the 6 already existing threads on the subject I read prior to it's creation.

Comment

Working...
                    X