No announcement yet.

The Hippocracy of Jose Suliman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hippocracy of Jose Suliman

Old news, yet still I found it interesting.

An Account from the guardian of Tyson/Lewis pre-fight Brawl

The pair stood on two spotlit podiums in the run-up to their WBC heavyweight title fight when Tyson chose to walk across, gesticulate with and punch one of Lewis's security and then have the Briton clatter a right down on him. After the melee, in which the WBC president Jose Sulaiman was knocked unconscious, Tyson walked to the front of the stage and repeatedly grabbed his crotch. "It was Lennox's bodyguard who panicked and shoved me," claimed Tyson. "I was here to promote the fight, not be intimidated. I will never be intimidated by anyone, and Lennox will pay in April." He didn't. A recovered Sulaiman later said: "Today's events are but one of the very many instances that have recently taken place that degrade boxing. It would be discriminatory to single out Mike Tyson because many other boxers have behaved similarly at other press conferences." He wasn't wrong.

Fast forward to a couple months ago when Chisora slapped Vitali at a weigh in

Chisora could face a fine of $50,000 (£31,600) from the World Boxing Council, whose president, José Sulaimán, described the slap as "an absolute disgrace", and added that Vitali would "punish" Chisora in the ring
    Fast forward to now, with Warren trying to set up Haye vs Chisora:

In his letter to the BBBC, Sulaiman claims they will kick out anyone who is associated with the show.

"We will not condone such a disgraceful behaviour after seeing that this boxer [Chisora] has no idea of what good behaviour is, by accepting to participate in the intent to threat and embarrass the organisation of boxing with such an act.

"We will expel Luxembourg from our organisation if the commission went ahead as well as any person or institution that has relations with them.

"I'm sure the European Boxing Union is on the verge of a strong position against Luxembourg.

"I'm also furious with the promoter who is trying to blast the ethics, honesty and seriousness of the sport of boxing."
    What do you make of this?

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
    Old news, yet still I found it interesting.

An Account from the guardian of Tyson/Lewis pre-fight Brawl

Fast forward to a couple months ago when Chisora slapped Vitali at a weigh in

Fast forward to now, with Warren trying to set up Haye vs Chisora:

What do you make of this?
    Suleiman is an a**hole who only does what's good for his pocket. He takes the moral highground today but turns a blind eye when it benefits him. Total scumbag.

Comment

Working...
    X