No announcement yet.

Is Versus worth getting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Versus worth getting?

Have they ever had any good/big fights on that network? If so what?

Its free, part of cable.

Comment

they started having really good fights, like Adamek vs. Cunningham, but lately theyve completely fallen off the radar and missed out on a bunch of exciting fights that they couldve picked up. all they have is that reality show now.

Id wait for a little bit to see what theyre up to, if I were you.

Comment

no its not worth getting, get yourself azteck america and telemundo for

cheap prices.

Comment

Originally posted by MissDeeCole View Post
          Have they ever had any good/big fights on that network? If so what?
          The best fight they've ever had was Cunningham-Adamek...which was fantastic, but thats not at all the norm.

They really don't show that much boxing, and its very rare that they have a big (let alone good) fight. If you have to pay more to get Versus from whoever your provider is, I wouldn't bother. Its not worth paying extra for.

Comment

Versus is in line with ESPN in terms of quality fights, up-and-coming prospects, as well as big name fighters (Adamek, Paul Williams, Arreola were all recently on Versus) so I'd say YES....

Comment

They had some good cards last year but have don't have anything scheduled for some time now...I only watch it for the contender and if they have any more cards in the future(I hope they do)

Comment

Adamek-Cunningham was the biggest and best fight (Agbeko on the undercard of this fight was probably number 2). They also had Hatton-Lazcano card was on. That had a couple decent fight when they were with Arum also, nothing major but some good scraps. Roughly speaking Versus pays more then Shobox for fight cards (like 5 or 6 times as much as ESPN), so in this economy I would think they could have on some very good fights.

They have not had boxing other then the Conteder on since mid December though, hopefully they will have cards again after that ends (but if you are buying it for boxing I would want to make sure of that fact first).

Comment

do you like hockey? in my opinion they do the best hockey broadcasts of any nework. i'd get it for that alone. the boxing is just a bonus. they do a decent job with boxing. i like the online scoring a lot.

Comment

I like Vs.

Comment

Working...
                    X