No announcement yet.

Problem with Heavy Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Heavy Bag

I'm going to have to take it back this weekend probably because when I use it, it ****ing shakes the up stairs of the house like a mother ****er. The whole dining room starts shaking violently, look like everything going to fall over. My house is a piece of **** I now realize.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Right now its attached to a block of wood that is firmly attacked to two support beams. I can hang of of them and nothing happens, but the bag shakes and swings so violently (70lbs) that it ****s those beams up badly.

Its looking bad for my bag, I gotta say. I might just use credit at the store for a speed bag and **** but I was going to buy that **** already and I'd rather keep the heavy bag...

Also, are there any alternatives to working with a heavy bag to develop punching power? Can I beat the **** out of a wall or anything? I'm desperate.

Comment

Two floor, holy **** somebody is rich and make a stand if you have enough room.

Comment

Re: Problem with Heavy Bag

Originally posted by LukeDothSucketh
        I'm going to have to take it back this weekend probably because when I use it, it ****ing shakes the up stairs of the house like a mother ****er. The whole dining room starts shaking violently, look like everything going to fall over. My house is a piece of **** I now realize.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Right now its attached to a block of wood that is firmly attacked to two support beams. I can hang of of them and nothing happens, but the bag shakes and swings so violently (70lbs) that it ****s those beams up badly.

Its looking bad for my bag, I gotta say. I might just use credit at the store for a speed bag and **** but I was going to buy that **** already and I'd rather keep the heavy bag...
        doubt you can do anything, especially since the support beams are wood. At my previous house, I had my heavy bag attached to a steel H beam, which held up the upper deck of my house, everytime I was down there my parents were like "WTF were you going? the whole upstairs was shaking" and I didnt really give a ****.

Eventually though, after years of pounding, the bag fell off the H beam because the metal threads had all been worn away.

Comment

Working...
        X