Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you guys as Boxing fans consider greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you guys as Boxing fans consider greater?

Hello my first post (Been lurking for a a year before i registered)

Was wondering what would fight fans consider more impressive. Staying undefeated or defeating every opponent ever faced?

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post

Was wondering what would fight fans consider more impressive. Staying undefeated or defeating every opponent ever faced?
    Is this a trick question?

Comment

Oh, that's easy. Don't worry about beating every opponent, but definitely stay undefeated. You can lose to a few opponents, son, as long as you stay undefeated.

Comment

What i mean is You can be Undefeated (Floyd, Marciano)
        Or
        Like Brian Mitchell who lost his second fight of his career. Avenged that loss, Won the Rubber. Drew 3 times. Won the Rematches of two of them and retired. then came out of Retirement to win the rematch with the other guy that he drew with. Ending with a 45-1-3 record therefore defeating every opponent he ever faced.

Comment

I think history will treat Marciano better than Floyd Jr! If Floyd never fights again!

The great George Foreman once said:
          We all think we've got one more boxing match in us, and that, probably, will be the downfall of Floyd Mayweather, George Foreman, Manny Pacquiao. We'll overstay our welcome! George Foreman!
          Last edited by TJ highway; 05-20-2016, 04:35 AM.

Comment

I agree but I think it will be because of stuff that happened outside the ring. The reason will be because in today's world of social media and public scrutiny a lot more of Floyd Jr's dirty laundry is public knowledge. There are rumors but no proof of Rocky or his team having ties to the Mob.

Comment

I agree but I think it will be because of stuff that happened outside the ring. The reason will be because in today's world of social media and public scrutiny a lot more of Floyd Jr's dirty laundry is public knowledge. There are rumors but no proof of Rocky or his team having ties to the Mob.
              The dagos were so proud of their bushy-browed dago boy that the word went out that Marciano was untouchable. He would never be asked to do anything by the mob but be a dago. So he worked those mob boys for dinners, women and entertainment whenever he could, and they payed up with dago glee, my friend, dago glee. Have you ever seen dago glee? Momma mia.

Comment

What i mean is You can be Undefeated (Floyd, Marciano)
                Or
                Like Brian Mitchell who lost his second fight of his career. Avenged that loss, Won the Rubber. Drew 3 times. Won the Rematches of two of them and retired. then came out of Retirement to win the rematch with the other guy that he drew with. Ending with a 45-1-3 record therefore defeating every opponent he ever faced.
                You just answered your own question.

Obviously Brian Mitchell is greater than Floyd or Marciano, right?

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                I think history will treat Marciano better than Floyd Jr!
                I don't see why. Mayweather had a better resume.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-20-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I'd say both are equally good, as long as you fight everybody out there and are undisputed and/or lineal champion in a weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    You just answered your own question.

Obviously Brian Mitchell is greater than Floyd or Marciano, right?

I don't see why. Mayweather had a better resume.
                    Don't wet your panties! Marciano beat Archie Moore more than 60 years ago! It's just my opinion but lets see how history treats Floyd. give it at least 10 years. The skeletons usually come out as major players die! Floyd isn't really retired anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X