Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which great boxer lacks a legacy defining victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which great boxer lacks a legacy defining victory?

For me, Gennady Golovkin and Deontay Wilder are two of the biggest names today that lack a legacy defining victory

Your thread title says great boxer. You didn't name one in your post.

Comment

Andrew Ward and Anthony Mundine.

Comment

Most active boxers. You should really only make this thread for retired guys.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Most active boxers. You should really only make this thread for retired guys.
          It can be retired boxers and/or active boxers who have been champions for a very long time and still don't have that one career defining victory.

Golovkin and Wilder have been champions for many years with 10+ championship fights with no iconic win. They are old and on their way out, the clock is ticking for them both.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe if you can call him great. I would also say both Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by freelaw View Post
              Nah to be fair Calzaghe has Kessler and B-Hop. He was questionable for most of his career but he has two defining victories right there. Klitschko's... they're more difficult. David Haye is the best Wlad has but it's not legacy defining. Vitali truly has nothing, they needed to bash each other. Hell I'd be happy to box the head off my brother.
              Last edited by BoloShot; 07-22-2019, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                It can be retired boxers and/or active boxers who have been champions for a very long time and still don't have that one career defining victory.

Golovkin and Wilder have been champions for many years with 10+ championship fights with no iconic win. They are old and on their way out, the clock is ticking for them both.
                Wilder is only 32 or 33 isn’t he? Golovkin is getting up there, though most have him beating Canelo in the first fight.

I’d say the Klit brothers. Vitali’s comeback after 3 years to destroy Sam Peter was all kinda of impressive, but nobody really props it as high as it should be. That was a MAJOR risk at the time and few people gave Vitali a chance to even get through the first 5 rounds without hurting himself. No tune ups or anything and not only does he beat the world champ, but utterly dominates him.
                Last edited by _Rexy_; 07-22-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  Andrew Ward and Anthony Mundine.
                  This Post contains only 5 words yet the only word that isn’t pure sh.it was the word “and”

Ward jumped up in weight and took on the Divisions Boogeyman took his 0 and handed him 2 Ls and Ward has a W over Froch in his prime probably the 2nd best 168 fighter of his era.

Both won Straps after those Ls and are will probably be HOFers. What more are you expecting from Ward

Who would he have to beat for you to consider it a Legacy defining fight ?

Mundine isn’t and never was Great. So including him makes no sense

Originally posted by freelaw View Post
                  The Klits are the 2 names that came to mind first. The only time Vitali fought a Elite fighter ( Lennox Lewis ) Vitali got his face broken in and depending how history plays out the same might be said about Wlad with his L to Fury

Comment

Crawford at the moment (not entirely his fault)

Comment

Working...
                    X