No announcement yet.

Prime Donald Curry vs Prime Shane Mosley at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Donald Curry vs Prime Shane Mosley at 147

The Donald Curry that unified 147 against Starling, Wang (sorry the Korean guy) and McCory until Honeygam (sorry for the spelling). Against the Mosley who came up to 147 against Rivera and Hoya until Forrest

Both seemed like they had the world in there hands. But there first L's changed there careers. They still had some good wins. But they weren't the same as when they were undefeated.

Any way

Who do you got?

I would go with Curry, to me he is the more skillful competitor and is more effecient with his punches. Physically they match up almost evenly with Curry probably having the edge in one-punch power.

Comment

Thanks man

I just got Curry's career set. Its 30 fights on there. Watched them all. I'm so impressed with him. Mosley, Leonard, and Floyd are my favorites. It just seemed like the sky was the limit for Curry. Then all of a sudden it ended quick. One mistake against McCallum cost him that fight. I actually had Curry leading going into the 5th.

McCallum has to be the biggest 154 lb fighter I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
        Thanks man

I just got Curry's career set. Its 30 fights on there. Watched them all. I'm so impressed with him. Mosley, Leonard, and Floyd are my favorites. It just seemed like the sky was the limit for Curry. Then all of a sudden it ended quick. One mistake against McCallum cost him that fight. I actually had Curry leading going into the 5th.

McCallum has to be the biggest 154 lb fighter I've ever seen.
        I bought his set a few months back as well, he was such a versatile fighter and he had dynamite hooks but his prime was so short. I really like the fight with McCallum, fast paced with a very high skill level and you were right that one simple mistake cost Curry. That was a classic left hook KO.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
          I bought his set a few months back as well, he was such a versatile fighter and he had dynamite hooks but his prime was so short. I really like the fight with McCallum, fast paced with a very high skill level and you were right that one simple mistake cost Curry. That was a classic left hook KO.
          True about his prime being cut short. But in all of his loses, he tried his best. I still don't understand the Honeygam loss. That was weird

Comment

What a fight this would've been. If we're talking prime Mosley without Richardson in his corner, the one who pretty much solely relied on 'power boxing' he might've lost. Curry at his best had a great jab and was absolutely fantastic and making you miss and making you pay while being very economical. But if Mosley has Richardson in his corner to feed him multiple gameplans, it would be much more interesting.

Comment

I'm a big admirer of both, but my money would be on Mosley..
              Curry could box, but he could'nt scrap.. Mosley having the better chin would take this by late TKO..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                I'm a big admirer of both, but my money would be on Mosley..
                Curry could box, but he could'nt scrap.. Mosley having the better chin would take this by late TKO..
                I think Curry has a great chin. That McCallum KO was nasty. Shane is my favorite fighter. But his ass would've been out to, lol. Curry's KO loses to Nunn and Norris was him being tired more than anything. He wasn't out. Just didn't want to get up. I also think Curry is an underrated pressure fighter

But damn what a fight this would've been

Comment

It's a hard one, because they fought in different times and had different strengths. Most people look at Curry against Honeyghan and McCallum and naturally assume that could have happened to Curry at any time. But Curry was a very complete fighter around the time he first won the title. In my opinion not on the level of the preceeding welters, Leonard and the fab four era, but close.

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
                    True about his prime being cut short. But in all of his loses, he tried his best. I still don't understand the Honeygam loss. That was weird
                    Two reasons.
                    1) Curry was looking past the Honeyghan fight for a match Hagler. The fight was a space filler and he did not get himself up for it.Big mistake.
                    Honeyghan's Billy Goat head butt style broke Curry's nose. Once his nose was broken there was no way he could get himself back into the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X