No announcement yet.

If Marquez retires after the Pacquaio fight, "Houston we have a problem"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marquez retires after the Pacquaio fight, "Houston we have a problem"

It's going to look really bad if Marquez retires after this fight, I don't care what the reason is. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but the easy paydays need to stop. The fact that they are acting buddy buddy doesn't help at all.

He even mentioned it in the video where Manny interviewed Marquez. It'll be disappointing for sure, but he's had a great career. He deserves the payday IMO. He can continue his career after this fight back at 135, but who knows, perhaps he won't see a need for it anymore by already receiving the biggest payday he can get.

Comment

Marquez will fight to win. That is not a concern.

Comment

I don't follow...

Comment

JMM can still dominate the lower weight divisions I dont see why he should retire, true this is might be his biggest payday in a while but there's still big fights for him out there.

Comment

idc i just wanna see him fight rios before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I don't follow...
              lol nor do i . . . perhaps he's trying to imply they are "fixing" the fight or something of that nature?

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
                It's going to look really bad if Marquez retires after this fight, I don't care what the reason is. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but the easy paydays need to stop. The fact that they are acting buddy buddy doesn't help at all.
                Go away. Its his life not yours! If he wants to retire, let him be. I know his wife and family would really be happy that he has finally left the dangerous corners of the ring.

Comment

JMM goal the last couple years was to get his 3rd fight with Pac and for all you know thats the main thing thats been motivating him to continue boxing its not about the money to him and you can bet hes going to going to show up and give it his all to win and if he decides to retire afterwards theres nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I don't follow...
                    Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    lol nor do i . . . perhaps he's trying to imply they are "fixing" the fight or something of that nature?
                    The results of *******ation dude.lol
                    Word in Mexico is , Marquez sold himself out for some extra mills, the contract clause is he has to stand and trade with Pacquiao so he can finally knock him out. sad but we'll know come fight night if it's true. that's why not to many people are interested in seeing a legend have to sell himself out in order to retire.
                    Last edited by Team Vitaminas; 09-14-2011, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X