No announcement yet.

I sparred with Junior Witter today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sparred with Junior Witter today

And i can proudly say i held my own against a former wbc world champion....
    but hes a good guy, he said all that **** with ricky was just for hype and he really respected him as a fighter , i kinda feel sorry for the guy, he was meant to fight on the froch-abraham undercard, but then they (showtime) never gave him the slot, hes just had time off due to a knee problem and is looking in good shape, i personally think he's best days are behind him, he said he might give prizefighter a go at weltherweight, i think he is looking for one decent payday before he calls it a day, he was saying if he still had his wbc belt today he would have been the biggest draw at light welter. also he thinks tim brad will beat devon (hes fought them both).

How many rounds? How much do you weigh?

Comment

im around 156 at the moment, i think he was weighing around the same, his fight weight is 147 though, me and another guy were alternating between rounds, 6 each. i have more speed and movent were as the other guy was more of a straight forward power guy.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
        but hes a good guy, he said all that **** with ricky was just for hype and he really respected him as a fighter , i kinda feel sorry for the guy, he was meant to fight on the froch-abraham undercard, but then they (showtime) never gave him the slot, hes just had time off due to a knee problem and is looking in good shape, i personally think he's best days are behind him, he said he might give prizefighter a go at weltherweight, i think he is looking for one decent payday before he calls it a day, he was saying if he still had his wbc belt today he would have been the biggest draw at light welter. also he thinks tim brad will beat devon (hes fought them both).
        It's always one more with fighters isn't it, rarely about the sport, just the money. Sad in a way but that's life I suppose, I'd be (and am) no different.

I feel he was too big a risk for Hatton ultimately, RH probably would've won but if he had lost it would've potentially de-railed his career.

Good luck to JW.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
          that's really cool dude, it must have been quite the experience. have you sparred with any other pro names we might recognize?

Comment

Post the pics or it is all BS.

Comment

I sparred with Pacman yesterday..................

Comment

great to hear man. tax dat ass!

Comment

I sparred with Carl Froch last week.

Comment

Pic or it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X