Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do transgender people have mental health issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do transgender people have mental health issues?

https://youtu.be/6YB4xpw57eU

I bring this up coming across this video. What's the difference between this guy and others who "identify" with other genders? Am I the only one who feels like these people have mental issues and we as a society are too sensitive to people's feelings so we feed into this bull**** when we should help them seek professional help? News flash, you are either born and a male or female and I'm not going to change my pronoun game for your mental games.

For real yeah.

Comment

Hell yeah they have mental health problems. I just don't think it's their fault...like all the chemicals in food and other things tweak some brain functions

Comment

Yes. Of course they have mental issues. Look at their suicide rate.

Comment

Gender is really a socially constructed system. Everything that has a 'masculine' or 'feminine' connotation to it, is because society says so. We created it.

We all share both of these 'masculine' and 'feminine' qualities. Generally speaking, males identify as men and females identify as women because we're conditioned to do so.

Now, a guy having predominately feminine traits is one thing. To go out of your way to pay for implants or to take estrogen pills to become more female like, I think theres something wrong there.

If you ask transgenders why they make the switch, they'll tell you because they didn't feel 'right' until they transitioned or they 'always knew' that they were the other gender inside.

I think it's fairly unusual and should be looked at more closely. I'm sure there is some kind of mental abnormality somewhere. The thought has never crossed my mind that I would feel a lot better about myself if I got a nice pair of **** and started tricking guys into making out with me.

I don't know if it would qualify as a mental illness though. If it doesn't impair the person or affect their daily routine, their functioning, I don't think it can qualify as a mental illness. I look at it as an extreme personality.

Comment

Of course they're sick in the head.

Comment

My thing is, when did this transgender deal become some kind of focal point?

What or when was the trans "Rosa Parks" moment?

It has to be a social media/internet deal, because to me, this popped out of nowhere, as far as being an actual issue in the vast majority of people's lives.

I couldn't really care less, live and let live and all that, but this "phenomenon" is just all around weird to me.

Comment

unequivocally and hysterically ''yes''.

Comment

All day long.

And at night too, when they're baying at the moon.

Comment

Dudes wanting to cut their wangs off.. Wtf do you think?

Comment

Working...
                    X