Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Monzon or Pernel Whitaker who was greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Monzon or Pernel Whitaker who was greater?

For me its monzon i have monzon about 3 places higher than whitaker on my all time great list

This would be a great and close fight in a p4p head to head fight.

Pernel might have trouble with Monzon's reach,and getting inside.He would be best to make Monzon come to him and chase him.

There resume's are very close,and so would a head to head fight.

It's to close to call for me.

Comment

Id have monzon slightly above sweet pea too,by a fraction

Comment

I'd say Pernell by a whisker. But wound't really argue either way, both incredible fighters.

Comment

Pernell skill wise, Monzon has the bigger wins, mostly because Pernell was robbed alot. Poor poor whitaker.

Comment

Whitaker by 3 or so places.

Comment

historically saying who was the greater then it must be Carlos Monzon who is a ATG Top 5 middleweight in most lists whereas Whitaker struggles to reach that aclaim

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                historically saying who was the greater then it must be Carlos Monzon who is a ATG Top 5 middleweight in most lists whereas Whitaker struggles to reach that aclaim
                I'd say Whitaker's got a very strong claim for being a top 5 at Lightweight. And am sure most would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
                  I'd say Whitaker's got a very strong claim for being a top 5 at Lightweight. And am sure most would agree.
                  Also has a great(very underrated) welterweight resume even without the fight against DLH he clearly won imo. His wins over Pineda for lww title and especially Vasqez are underrated. I don't think anyone could convince me Monzon is greater, if I had a list Whitaker would be in my top 10 and Monzon probably top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
                    I have Whitaker #3 at Lightweight and Monzon around #10 at Middleweight.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X