Eddie Hearn: "I think Carl Froch Will Fight Gennady Golovkin next year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn: "I think Carl Froch Will Fight Gennady Golovkin next year"

Towards the end of the video.

Says the Golovkin is the biggest fight out there.

Says Froch might struggle to get down to 168lbs though.

Not sure whether to believe Hearn, he talks out his arse half the time these days. I would prefer this to the DeGale fight personally.

If Golovkin gets/beats the Cotto-Canelo winner, then this fight would be huge in Vegas for late next year.

Hype talk from Hearn or genuine?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post

He's correct there but money talks.

Comment

i'm dubious. i think froch just likes being talked about. i do think that the golovkin fight has more upside than the degale fight though, and it would undoubtedly be violent as ****

Comment

He also said Khan nearly shat himself when Hearn told him Brook only has a couple fights left at 147

Khan's potential paydays are slowly evaporating.

I suspect the rumours about Brook's weight were true now too.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            i'm dubious. i think froch just likes being talked about. i do think that the golovkin fight has more upside than the degale fight though, and it would undoubtedly be violent as ****
            I don't know. Froch's "retirement" was never convincing to me. Even on the day he made the announcement, he sorta left the door open.

Always felt he was doing a Mayweather or Ray Leonard thing. Just "retire" and wait till fights and offers get bigger.

Comment

The real story here is that Dirk was ****ing wrong about DeGale being worth more than Golvokin.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                The real story here is that Dirk was ****ing wrong about DeGale being worth more than Golvokin.
                No. The DeGale fight would be bigger in the UK. I don't think Hearn is talking about a UK fight, most likely Vegas. HBO wouldn't put on an afternoon PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  He also said Khan nearly shat himself when Hearn told him Brook only has a couple fights left at 147

Khan's potential paydays are slowly evaporating.

I suspect the rumours about Brook's weight were true now too.
                  I also thought it was the weight cuz I found it to be abnormal that they were sparring a week before a fight.

Brook was always an insurance policy for Khan provided Floyd/Manny didn't work out. A title shot and $5 plus mil waiting.

This weight thing will work out for Khan where Kell "may" come in drained and Khan will batter and body him for the 10 count. That is unless Chaves gets to him first.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    I also thought it was the weight cuz I found it to be abnormal that they were sparring a week before a fight.

Brook was always an insurance policy for Khan provided Floyd/Manny didn't work out. A title shot and $5 plus mil waiting.

This weight thing will work out for Khan where Kell "may" come in drained and Khan will batter and body him for the 10 count. That is unless Chaves gets to him first.
                    Khan needs to cash out somewhere before he is sent into retirement.

He needs to duck the Garcia rematch if he wants that payday though. Shouldn't be a problem for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X