Body Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Sparring

Hi,

I've been at my boxing gym for over 6 weeks.

Apart from the regular equipment you find in the gym to train, they have you body spar for 4 rounds with 2 different sparring partners.

The coach does not consider how much you weigh, i've been sparring with 12 & 13st men.

Considering the fact I weigh only 9 1/2 st, I have to box and move, hit and dont get hit lol.

On occasions I do get hit and I don't feel the punches but when they hit the centre of my chest, the next day I feel pains but no extreme pains.

Its been about 3 weeks now and the pain has not gone away, I still go to gym and spar with these men but can you inform me if the pain is anything serious and medicines would be effective to reduce the pain.

Thanks

Originally posted by moneyweather65 View Post
    Hi,

I've been at my boxing gym for over 6 weeks.

Apart from the regular equipment you find in the gym to train, they have you body spar for 4 rounds with 2 different sparring partners.

The coach does not consider how much you weigh, i've been sparring with 12 & 13st men.

Considering the fact I weigh only 9 1/2 st, I have to box and move, hit and dont get hit lol.

On occasions I do get hit and I don't feel the punches but when they hit the centre of my chest, the next day I feel pains but no extreme pains.

Its been about 3 weeks now and the pain has not gone away, I still go to gym and spar with these men but can you inform me if the pain is anything serious and medicines would be effective to reduce the pain.

Thanks
    does it get real bad when you take a deep breath? probly pulled something in your rib area. try stretching out your intercostals and strengthening them im personally against push ups as they work too many of the wrong muscles but they will do fine to strengthen the intercostals, sit ups with your hands over your head to touching your toes strengthens them, shrugs and rope pulls also help. to stretch them you can use a door way and stretch the sides and the front or lie on your stomach with your elbows supporting your chest/stuff and stretch out your chest, keep your chin tucked till you get to the top then stretch your chin out to get maximum stretch, and keep your stomach on the ground to stretch your chest or after situps you can bring your stomach up and stretch your abs...then do another set

Though i would start stretching your ribs regularly for a little before starting to strengthen them.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-08-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X