Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in what's really wrong with society today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in what's really wrong with society today?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rld&id=8711063

MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A New Jersey woman who was struck in the face with a baseball at a Little League game is suing the young catcher who threw it.

Elizabeth Lloyd is seeking more than $150,000 in damages to cover medical costs stemming from the incident at a Manchester Little League game two years ago. She's also seeking an undefined amount for pain and suffering.

Lloyd was sitting at a picnic table near a fenced-in bullpen when she was hit with the ball.

Catcher Matthew Migliaccio was 11 years old at the time and was warming up a pitcher.
    Yep, she's suing an 11 year old (now 13 year old) because she was too stupid to duck.

Sometimes things happen that are unfortunate. You cannot litigate against them.

That **** should be thrown out immediately. I think criminal charges should be brought up against people who make frivolous law suits...

Comment

As long as the courts continue to allow these ridiculous lawsuits, it will continue to happen.

Comment

What the **** is she suing a 13 year old for anyway? His bike and collection of Pokemon cards? Maybe they'll settle out of court for his xbox 360....

Comment

she should be a shame of herself especially if she has kids of her own also her lawyer that all he see's its money signs...I read the article and the fact that the 13 year old was served by a sheriff is crazy, for playing baseball...

Comment

i remember an old lady who sued apple because she hit a sparkling clean glass panel in one of it's retail stores...

i wonder what happened to the case?

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
              As long as the courts continue to allow these ridiculous lawsuits, it will continue to happen.
              Very good point!

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous. Should only be allowed if it's gross negligence or dangerous practice. Anything that happens as an unfortunate accident should be left as such.

Comment

Agree, thats pretty frivolous.

Although, if she don't have health insurance and she had to pay out of pocket for her medical expenses, that kinda sucks too.

Comment

She is claiming that the ball was thrown "recklessly and deliberately" and that she was "assaulted and battered". A criminal charge. And yet she didn't seek redress in the criminal courts. I wonder why...

Comment

Working...
                    X