we do:

4x100m
    3x200m
    2x400m
    1x800m
    2x400m
    3x200m
    4x100m

its called pyramid sprints cause its like going up and down in distance as you can see

you gotta bust yourself on every sprint and you get 30 secs to 1 min between each sprint...every sprint is hard, you cant coast at all because we all race each other so its competitive

i mean every saturday before we do this i dread it but afterwards im really thankful towards my trainer because i know this will help me out in the ring....

anyone else here do organised sprints with their trainer and gymmates?

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
    We cant sprint right now (snow) but I put on a "conditioning class" at our gym for the other fighters there. Essentially theyre just doing the routines I was going to use. I have to condition twice a day now when I go to the gym since I also condition in the mornings lol. I'm getting pretty twisted with my routines, I think I have a problem, I like to torture people.

During the summer I should drag em to go to the schoolyard and do some sprints within the conditioning....ooh the pain....they will learn to hate me lol

Comment

lol yeah watching people suffer in training is fun but when you are the one suffering its awful

yeah we do inside conditioning too

30 starjumps
      10 pushups
      10 situps
      10 dips
      10 knee to hand jumps
      10 burpees

keep going through that as quickly as you can for a 2 minute round or a 3 minute round, obviously picking up the pace if you are doing 2 minutes- doesnt sound terribly hard if you are fit, but over four 3 or 2 min rounds the burpees, star jumps and the high knees really start to get your cardio going, the burpees make your legs feel like they weigh a ton after a while too and the dips, pushups and sit ups work your muscles too- i can get through 3 and a bit sets of that in 3 minutes, and 2 and half sets in 2 minutes

we usually do 3-4 rounds of that particular routine at least once a week

we also have a running circuit out the back of our gym which we run through for 2 min or 3 min rounds, doing four rounds of it

lots of other good conditioning drills on the bag too, we have fun
      Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 02-21-2009, 04:14 AM.

Comment

when we dont run we do

20 Push Ups then...

then the same with squat thrusts, star jumps, sit ups, burpees, floor to ceiling and dips

Comment

Kostya- I dont just watch I do it with them, I just save all my twisted ideas for the gym. Weve been doing them in front of the mirrors so I still get to see em suffer lol.

Comment

the sprint workout we do on saturdays is pretty hard

we do:

4x100m
            3x200m
            2x400m
            1x800m
            2x400m
            3x200m
            4x100m

its called pyramid sprints cause its like going up and down in distance as you can see

you gotta bust yourself on every sprint and you get 30 secs to 1 min between each sprint...every sprint is hard, you cant coast at all because we all race each other so its competitive

i mean every saturday before we do this i dread it but afterwards im really thankful towards my trainer because i know this will help me out in the ring....

Damn that sounds nice. I'd do sprints too but the snow and ice doesn't let me.

Comment

i train at the same gym as kostya mate and i do those sprints every saturday with him its not fun bro its designed to get us in a state of fittness where we can outwork our opponents using our heartrates to push us to the limit and recover in the breaks and do it again it kills the other guy

Comment

the sprint workout we do on saturdays is pretty hard

we do:

4x100m
                3x200m
                2x400m
                1x800m
                2x400m
                3x200m
                4x100m

i'll be sprinting come summer and fight time for me.

Comment

good work! my guess is you guys don't fight on saturdays. why dont you do that mid week?

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                    good work! my guess is you guys don't fight on saturdays. why dont you do that mid week?
                    we havent started fighting yet this year, big summer break (i live in australia) and we all needed to gain fitness again

yeah when we start fighting reguarly again we wont be able to do thsoe every saturday since we fight mainly on saturdays

i think i will be fighting about once every 3-4 weeks this year, starting early next month

my trainer has said i will get about 10-12 fights this year, and i dont think that includes nationals where i could fight twice or more over a few days (hopefully ill have filled out to a more populated weight class this year lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X