Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Arum had Darchinyan in mind from the very start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Arum had Darchinyan in mind from the very start?

It feels like this was his original plan all along and he just had to find some plausible excuse to get Mares and Rigo out of the way.

Was probably the backup for Rigo refusing to sign the 750 grand contract the whole time, that's about it.

Comment

So he knew Rigo wouldn't sign the contract??? I think your giving him (Arum) too much credit

Comment

He had to have known that Caribe was going to be an issue.

Comment

probably it makes them look dumb for not taking the 3 mil for mares

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Its an issue for Rigo now.... Wasn't one when he was about to fight Poon.... Why???

Comment

Rigo's looking like a clown right now, 750G's.

Donaire will be fine without him. It's not Donaire's fault that Rigo is ducking him or scared or whatever it may be.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
                It feels like this was his original plan all along and he just had to find some plausible excuse to get Mares and Rigo out of the way.
                By reading the title of that article that's the first thing that came to mind.

"Arum feels Darchinyan is a better fight"

If that's the case why was he "considering" Rigo or negotiating? Idk man... Who really knows.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I think this is true. There is no way that Rigo goes into that negotiating for that fight to get everything put together then tell Arum I ain't signing until the issues with Caribe are resolved. That is BS to me I think this issue has been known by top rank. They just used it as a way to make it look like Donaire was going to take the fight the fans wanted and used Rigo as a pawn in their grand scheme of having a rematch with Darchinyan. Rigo was never a option after he told Arum about the Caribe issues and where he stood on them.

Comment

And Donaire continues to be the most unfairly hated fighter in the sport. People would rather believe Rigondeaux is getting screwed to protect Donaire than believe Rigondeaux is a dumbass who is responsible for the fight potentially not happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X