No announcement yet.

Best fights to study?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fights to study?

what are some of the best fights to watch and study. i know pbf is good all around but witch fights are the best? what other fighters should i really pay attention 2. What fights do you use? if any

Really depends on your weight class, size, syle you feel more comfortable with ect.

An example in heavyweight would be

if your small and often fight taller opponents, watch Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson (prime) fights etc. see how they bob & weave and get into taller opponents and then land their hard shots.

If your taller watch how guys like Ali and Lewis used their jabs to keep shorter guys out of range.

Comment

All the great champs of the last 30 years at every weight have something different to offer.....

Comment

All the great champs of the last 30 years at every weight have something different to offer.....
        Indeed, James Toney showed us you can still be a fat bastard and a winner!

Comment

for defense watch sugar ray, james toney, or WInky for speed and great ring presence watch sugar ray, ali or RJJ, for KO fighters watch tyson, George, jeff lacy etc any fight i watch i pick up from!

Comment

I was brought up throught the amatuers studying Ray Robinson films. He would always have me watching them. Even today Rays style is king. His ring generalmanship, the feints, his subtle movements to the side before attcking and man was that jab sweet. The guy was great.

James Toney is a great defensive fighter. The shoulder rolling being the key to his greatness.

Alot of people have told me that I fight similar to James when sparring and such. I spent alot of time around and watching him in the gym and probably did pick up a few of his tricks. The guy is a smart fighter, when weight control is not involved.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by moy22487
              what are some of the best fights to watch and study. i know pbf is good all around but witch fights are the best? what other fighters should i really pay attention 2. What fights do you use? if any
              lacy-calzaghe

Comment

Hopkins-Trinidad!

Comment

Kostya Tszyu vs Vernon Forrest in the Olympics or something is a great fight to watch

Comment

Cotto vs Abbduallave hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X