No announcement yet.

Muscles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscles

I am new at this, but I wanna become a boxer. I am already starting to run 30 minutes a day but I need to know what are the top most important upper muscles to work on? And what is the average weight a 160lb boxer can bench?

Thanks

you shouldnt bench, actually not lift weights at all, just keep running and go to a gym and get a trainer

Comment

why cant he bench or lift weights?

Comment

you can bench...but i don't know whats the average weight 160 pounders can bench

Comment

He's crazy, you need to lift weights. Just don't become a body builder and bulk up to much, that will slow you down. You need to keep your felxibility. If your 160 i'd say a 230-260 bench would be great for you. You wouldn't be too bulky, but you'd have a good bit of power.

Comment

i think i read shane mosley can bench like 350. i dont know if that true

Comment

What good did it do for Mosley? He got his ass kicked anyway. The most important thing in boxing is stamina. This is assuming you have fighting skills.If u do lift weights use little weight for endurance purposes only.

Comment

why not lift weights? jesus thats a really bad thing to do in boxing if you lift weights it creates more contracted muscles that gets tired easier, if you box your trainer will always tell you to stay relaxed and calm thats because if your muscles are expanded and not contracted blood can get to them easier and oxygen can flow to them easier keeping them from becoming exhausted. if you lift weights improparly youll become bulky and move like a robot. if you ever look at boxers bodies they arnt all huge they slim and cut because they have to stay light and quick both with their hands and their feet...imagine all the energy your wasting to get the oxygen to these huge muscles its better to stay away from weights if you box

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
                  why not lift weights? jesus thats a really bad thing to do in boxing if you lift weights it creates more contracted muscles that gets tired easier, if you box your trainer will always tell you to stay relaxed and calm thats because if your muscles are expanded and not contracted blood can get to them easier and oxygen can flow to them easier keeping them from becoming exhausted. if you lift weights improparly youll become bulky and move like a robot. if you ever look at boxers bodies they arnt all huge they slim and cut because they have to stay light and quick both with their hands and their feet...imagine all the energy your wasting to get the oxygen to these huge muscles its better to stay away from weights if you box
                  you can lift weights and keep your speed and endurance, look at the man in your avatar he used muscle contracting machines and was fast and fit as neone. I think you need weights for strenght and explosiveness training. As long as you strecth properly you should be fine and dont push your maximum load out all the time so you bulk up like a body builder.

Comment

thats what im sayin^^ dude lift less but do more reps, and resistance training is that same as plyometrics which doesnt use weights thats just body weights, im saying if your becoming a boxer there is no need to do weights boxing is supposed to be natural and your body is supposed to flow and be fast dont use weights for speed use plyometrics, punch with hand weights use resistance bands... dont bench press and do curls thinking your going to become faster and stronger, your strength comes from your technique not from how big your biceps are

Comment

Working...
                    X