No announcement yet.

Jake Shields at 185?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Shields at 185?

After another Shields EliteXC win, he said he wanted to maybe go up to 185 and face Robbie Lawler, but I wonder folks here think he would do against Cung Le. I would love to see that fight. I think Shields beats Lawler if he can get on the ground and grabs another belt. Thoughts?

Jake Shields fights like a *****. I understand a fighter who bases his fight off of his strongest aspect, in this case, wrestling. But Jake Shields fights like he is scared of anything else other than sitting on top of someone.

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing him there personally. The WW division of EliteXC is pretty dire since all the best WW barring Shields are in the UFC where the WW division is without doubt the best in the world and has been since its inception. Plus he's been there before at ROTR and holds some decent wins over Okami, Condit and Menne so a move up to 185 isn't totally out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
        Jake Shields fights like a *****. I understand a fighter who bases his fight off of his strongest aspect, in this case, wrestling. But Jake Shields fights like he is scared of anything else other than sitting on top of someone.
        That Gracie style. At least he doesn't start the match on his ass...lol

Comment

He's just playing to his strengths, can't fault him too much for that. He has admitted that his striking isn't great or even good so he trys his hardest to work on them. But when your wrestling and BJJ is that good then you should always try and play to your strengths and hide your weaknesses, its just common sense, and for him has been extremely effective.

Comment

Working...
          X