Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM's counter-punching useless against Floyd, but effective against Pacquiao. LOOK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMM's counter-punching useless against Floyd, but effective against Pacquiao. LOOK!

As you can clearly see, Floyd's reach and cat-like reflexes neutralized the counter-punching ability of Marquez.

Pacquiao was not able to reach Marquez with his jab or his left, so he was easily countered and punished.

Mayweather will be able to counter Pacquiao even more effectively since he's a superior counter-puncher, and due to his superior reflexes and reach advantage he will never be within the range of any of Pacquiao's punches.

Marquez out-landed Pacquiao in both fights, but was only able to land 12% of his punches against Mayweather.

could it be the reach difference coupled with the slick defense of mayweather?

Comment

Love watching that right hand.

Comment

It was the reach. Marquez was out of range for all of the Mayweather fight.

Comment

how the hell you counter punch an excellent counterpuncher? both were just waiting on each other.

Comment

The reach was disgusting!...

Mayweather was simply too big..I saw that **** as soon as they were in the center to touch gloves..I was like OH ****!..

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs™ View Post
              could it be the reach difference coupled with the slick defense of mayweather?

Yes, just as I said in my post. The reach and incredible reflexes (defense) was too much for Marquez to overcome.

This is also why Morales lost every round to Raheem, but was able to outbox Pacquiao.

Comment

Marquez could have done better really. Ever since I saw this guy fight, I was amazed by his quick counter-pucnhin abilities and to find openings. But the problem with him is that once he hit/wobbled the guy he doesn't follow it up with more punches. Instead he'll just look at the guy.

Pac on that gif could have been in a worse situation if Marquez followed up after Pac got out-balanced. Same with his straight right punches that landed on Floyd, what happened was that Marquez landed but then he doesn't follow up that's why Floyd's got the time to smile.

Pac-Morales 1 showed how a proper counter-punching with proper aggression should be done. Morales followed up all his punches after he wobbled Pac.

But past is past. Let's just look forward to more big fights

Comment

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post

As you can clearly see, Floyd's reach and cat-like reflexes neutralized the counter-punching ability of Marquez.

Pacquiao was not able to reach Marquez with his jab or his left, so he was easily countered and punished.

Mayweather will be able to counter Pacquiao even more effectively since he's a superior counter-puncher, and due to his superior reflexes and reach advantage he will never be within the range of any of Pacquiao's punches.

Marquez out-landed Pacquiao in both fights, but was only able to land 12% of his punches against Mayweather.
                  Yea because Pacquiao attacks, Mayweather defends. You can't tell me that Mayweather did more damage than Pac, Pacquiao brutalized JMM's face, only he ate more along with it. Besides that was a while back, he's shown great improvement.

AND IT WAS AT 130, NOT WELTERWEIGHT

Comment

Pac is pretty straight foward, Mayweather is defensive of course he didnt walk into that bums easily avoded trap.

Comment

Working...
                    X