No announcement yet.

The Most Underrated Title Reign?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Underrated Title Reign?

Post some titles reigns that you feel get underrated?

South African legend Brian Mitchel he made something like 9 defences of his title and for nearly all of them he had to travel to the home fighters country

Comment

Mitchell title reign is very underrated come to think of it.

Comment

Ezzard Charles' Heavyweight title reign deserves quite a bit more attention than it got.

Comment

Tommy Burns, he set the record for decades on title defenses by KO. I think Larry Holmes took it of him.

The beating Johnson gave him really hit his legacy.

The poor guy was only something like 5 ft 8 as a heavyweight. He deserves more respect than he gets.

Comment

Bob Foster. Holds record for 11 KOs in LHW title fights. Ten title successful defences in 4 years with 7 KO's.

Comment

Bob Foster was a true legend of the sport. His title reign is certainly not underated by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Bob Foster was a true legend of the sport. His title reign is certainly not underated by me.
                The problem with Bob is that people tend to remember him for his occasional forays into the HW division and his 8 round defeat by Ali. He is sometimes viewed as a third rate HW rather than a first class LHW.

Comment

Larry Holmes reign was underrated. He was champ for 7 years.

Comment

Hi Ezzard, I agree and anyone who judges Foster on his losses to Ali and Frazier rather than as a light heavyweight is not a proper boxing fan in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X