Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is water the best for hydrating during excersize.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is water the best for hydrating during excersize.

I do 3 hour sessions a week boxercise, Im 40 and seem to sweat alot more than others, Im not knackered just sweat alot and can probably do more than most in the sessions.

My mate just drinks water and I take lucozade sport, Is water actually better for keeping hydrated or will the lucozade provide more?

They also started selling these coconut drinks, vitacoco are these better?

Originally posted by rampant View Post
    I do 3 hour sessions a week boxercise, Im 40 and seem to sweat alot more than others, Im not knackered just sweat alot and can probably do more than most in the sessions.

My mate just drinks water and I take lucozade sport, Is water actually better for keeping hydrated or will the lucozade provide more?

They also started selling these coconut drinks, vitacoco are these better?
    you can have a post work out lucozade or gatorade. the sugar content is high but you'd be replenishing sugar, sodium and potassium which i believe is in most sports drinks. other than a post workout sports drink all i drink is water and herbal tea though (and coffee in the morning.)

I also have the same sweat issue as you by the way.

Comment

try to fit a fourth day of working out into your mix. at our age it takes more to stay looking pretty. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        try to fit a fourth day of working out into your mix. at our age it takes more to stay looking pretty. lol

Cheers for reply and lol, very true....Its alot harder to keep the fat off.

I do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday another one doesnt fit in properly! Day on Day off older body needs time to recover.

Regarding the sweat, it pretty muchs drips everywhere, t-shirt is soaking my towel I take is soaking, people have fallen over/slipped on my sweat before! lol
        Last edited by rampant; 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

1 bottle of Powerade, and then just water after that.

Comment

I usually just have water during my exercise, and a Gatorade/Powerade afterwards. I have tried those Vitacocos and they're great post workout, the mango flavored one is delicious.

Don't feel bad about sweating too much, it just shows you're putting in some good work.

Comment

When exercising, i prefer water over anything. Its smooth and doesnt upset my stomach, which gatorade and other sports drinks seem to do when im going ham in the gym. The only time i drink sports drinks is before a workout, when im loading up on creatine, which isnt often at all. So basically just water and protein after. I sweat alot too, i think its just because i drink alot of water + working out

Comment

Flavoured drinks make me feel sick during training, water is the best imo

Comment

I just have a few sips of water every few minutes. However, if you want to stay hydrated DURING your workout, you'll need to drink a lot of water BEFOREHAND, all throughout the day.

Comment

Like the guy above me said, the main reason people drink sports drinks during working out heavily is for the sodium / potassium refill. Basically if you don't feel tired or worn, just dehydrated I'd say go with water only... if you're body is feeling sluggish sports drink... or best idea IMO... do a week of water, a week of sports drink...and note how you feel during/after your workout to see which benefits you the most, and go with that.

Personally during a workout I almost never drink sports drinks. I prefer quite a bit of water, though I'm talking about lifting weights mostly. You don't want a lot of water if you're doing a lot more moving around.

Comment

Working...
                    X