No announcement yet.

had fun tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had fun tonight

sparred a person from the other gym and beat him, he had 30lbs on me.illl tell ya how the rounds went like this

round 1-coach said do w/e-so i tested reach,i had a bigger reach, tested his speed, compared fighting styles pretty much.

round 2 -coach said i can only hit him ONCE if im ONLY in the corner otherwise i had to dodge,weave, move- i went into the corner alot

round 3 -jab and right uppercut only- i did only use jab and uppercut, pushed a little bit with the uppercut and was told to stop using it so much and so hard.

round 4-i could only use right and left hook- i switched to southpaw half the round so my right could be used easier and more.

the kid was a year or 2 older then me , i had more fights (3) and i was taller, but that kid was still good for his experience , he had a good jab but not long enough arms to keep it in my face.

================================================== ===============
    do you guys think that me only being able to use certain punches per round and letting the other guy use w/e he wanted a good work out for the both of us?

EDIT: this was the first time i felt in total control for a while because i usally spar with older and more experienced fighters...........felt good E-YAH!!!!BOY!!!!!
    Last edited by cms; 01-20-2005, 08:35 PM.

good stuff..how much do you weigh, and were they 2 minute rounds?

Comment

yah its good
      my coach does the same thing with me

today i was only able to use the jab thats it

for 7 rounds hahahhahahaha
      i killed the kid to the body with the jab lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShotgunSeanK
        good stuff..how much do you weigh, and were they 2 minute rounds?
        i was 135 last night and it was min half rounds

Comment

Working...
        X