Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Responds to Roach's Prediction: Says he could KO Pac in 30 Seconds

Written by Aldrin Quinto / Subeditor
    Friday, 03 April 2009 18:37
    APPARENTLY irked by Freddie Roach’s prediction of a “short and sweet” victory, Ricky Hatton raised the stakes by declaring that Manny Pacquiao’s stand could be over in just half-a-minute.

Hatton, who for the last few weeks had seemed to be content in advertising his size and weight advantage over Manny Pacquiao, was displeased with Roach’s pronouncement on Monday that the junior-welterweight showdown on May 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas will be over in three rounds.

“I think it’s going to be the best three rounds you’ve ever seen,” Roach declared on Monday during a promotional event in Hollywood.

“It’s going to be short and sweet.”

That, of course, triggered another round of verbal tussle.

Hatton countered that Pacquiao could not fulfill Roach’s prediction and, as if to raise the stakes, added if the Filipino decides to launch an aggressive attack, it would last just 30 seconds.

“Freddie Roach says Manny will win it in three rounds—surely he isn’t going to come for me?” Hatton was quoted as saying by the Manchester Evening News web site.

“I hope he does, and if he does, he will do it for about 30 seconds. I will have to be on my toes because he does hit, and he puts punches together well. But I am a better fighter than the Ricky Hatton who beat Kostya Tszyu—and that Ricky Hatton was a monster in terms of power, strength and size.”

Roach, who has been trading barbs with Hatton’s trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. since day one of the promotional tour, also said Mayweather should have problems trying to change the British slugger’s style.

“Floyd is just getting to know Ricky and it will be really, really hard to change a guy who has nearly 50 pro fights and has fought with a certain style for so long,” he said.

But Hatton, holder of the International Boxing Organization junior-welterweight crown, stressed he has made huge improvements in hand speed and movement that should neutralize Pacquiao’s fighting style.

“When have you ever seen me doing double jabs, treble jabs, five-six punch combinations, pulling away from shots, slipping, rolling and coming under, but still keeping the same aggression which made me what I am?” he said.

hatton is worried, hes making the same noises he did before floyd jnr, hatton has looked fragile in his last two fights, its all over

Comment

Hatton will be shell-shocked on May 2nd, end of story!!

Comment

Originally posted by ironjab View Post
        hatton is worried, hes making the same noises he did before floyd jnr, hatton has looked fragile in his last two fights, its all over
        I agree, he will look worse than Rhianna after Brown was done with her

Comment

Yeah this might be a sign that Hatton is nervous.

Comment

haha hes only responding to roachs bull****,everyone knows pacquiao wont come looking for hatton

Comment

So, I beat Pac in 20 seconds, beat that sumvabitch

Comment

oh man I hope Pacquiao stops Hatton early, and by trading.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I agree, he will look worse than Rhianna after Brown was done with her
                  i think rhianna takes a better shot than ricky

Comment

i just think hes pissed off, hearing all this crap from the media, about how great pac is, and how are you going to deal with "superman" then slime freddie roach keeps shooting his mouth off about the 3 rounds or less KO....I just think Hatton is pissed off thats all.

Comment

Working...
                    X