No announcement yet.

What weight should I fight at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weight should I fight at?

Hi, I am currently 6'1 and 155 pounds. I was curious what weight class I should try to fight at after I get a bit more muscle on me.

try fighting at your natural weight to start off. what town are you training at

Comment

6 1 155 at what age

Comment

Get in boxing shape and let your body weigh whatever it wants. Just to let you know, it could take a considerable period of time to get in boxing shape, depending on your background.

Comment

if u can do 147 if good.ur r 6'1'' so ur good on 147 or 152

Comment

welterweight, maybe middle

Comment

dont worry about getting more muscular

if you are already eating well and in good shape, at the stage where you are about to have a fight just lose the 3 lbs and fight at 152

if you arent in shape or eating well go to a gym start eating well and see what you weight then

Comment

My advice would be to get into fighting shape first... make sure you are at the fitness level you have to me to fight, and then weight yourself (recording your result)... and speak to your trainer/coach about it for advice on what weight you should be fighting at, they have seen you so they will be able to advise you better on which weight.

Hope I helped in some way or another...

Comment

It's either going to be 152 or 165. Just depends how much weight you add on with training. If you don't have much fat on you right now, and you add a bunch more muscles, you'll be too big to make the drop to 152.

If you've got a little bit of chub on you now, as you train more you will lose the fat and gain some muscle which will keep your weight about the same, so you should be able make 152 no problem.

Comment

Cobourg , Ontario in Canada. I have not joined a club yet but I have started to hit the gym HARD and I have started dieting as well. The reason I am doing this is because the club I am joining you need a fitness test to get in and I wanted to get good or perfect on eveything the test has. I am 17 years old and in my opinion I am in DECENT shape. I am always active and have FAIR cardio. I have a 10.3% body fat which I have tested in my exercise science class with the accu-measure personal body fat tester and the OMRON hand-held body fat analyzer. I try to home train as much as I can. The gear I have is 2 heavy bags a 70lb and a 60 lb which has a floor attachment, a speed bag aswell.

Comment

Working...
                    X